Swine Flu and Vaccine

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Would you allow your children to take a swine flu vaccination? If no kids, then yourself?

Yes
28%
No
57%
Maybe
14%

Total votes : 21

Re: Swine Flu and Vaccine

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:36 am

Ukraine: Vaccine Ban Blamed For Sweeping Epidemic

A total of 109 people have died of flu-related symptoms since late October, according to the Health Ministry in Ukraine, however only 14 deaths have been confirmed as a result of the H1N1 swine flu strain.
Michael

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:26 pm

Doctor Rauni Kilde, former Health Minister of Finland, has some comments about the swine flu and world population reduction. English with Spanish subtitles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTgyakGAddM
Michael

Postby Michael on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:50 pm

An update about the 26 y.o. woman, Desiree Jennings, who was partially paralyzed by a seasonal flu vaccine. She was a former Washington Redskins NFL cheerleader, but 10 days after her vaccination, she could no longer walk or stand, or do much of anything, without violent muscle spasms. However, she now seems to be getting better, which is good news.

A 1½ minute youtube video about her current condition.

Her web site.

The original news broadcast showing her severe problems.

A news story about ridiculous claims that Mrs. Jennings is not really sick. Bizarre.
Michael

Postby Michael on Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:21 am

Two die after getting Chinese H1N1 vaccine

Two people have died in China after receiving domestically manufactured vaccines against swine flu, Government said on Saturday.

The preliminary autopsy report of one of the deceased showed that the patient suffered a sudden cardiac death while results of the autopsy on the second person are still awaited, the Ministry of Health was quoted as saying by the Xinhua news agency.

“Experts have basically ruled out the possibility that the patient’s sudden death was the result of immediate allergic reactions to the flu vaccines,” a statement on Ministry’s Website said.

Around 43 people have so far succumbed to swine flu in China due to the disease.
Michael

Postby Chris Fleming on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:49 pm

Chris Fleming

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:18 am

pro-vaccine cheerleaders are claiming the Jennings story is a hoax

lol at the idea that there is a group actually known as "pro vaccine cheerleaders"

that is a weird article.

43 people in all of china have succembed to the flu? That's a remarkably low number statistically speaking.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:26 am

So far it really seems that H1N1 is certainly contagious, but not even as dangerous or serious as normal seasonal flu.
Michael

Postby shawnsegler on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:23 am

Michael wrote:So far it really seems that H1N1 is certainly contagious, but not even as dangerous or serious as normal seasonal flu.

My kid got it, was sick for a couple of days and is fine now. Like it never happened.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:48 am

Glad that your kid is okay now and bounced back so quick. Did they find out which virus he had?
Michael

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:55 am

Remember when the Swine Flu first came out and they were talking about the differences in that and normal flu and how H1N1 was more dangerous for young adults than the elderly or the young because a stronger immune system caused a more severe reaction in the lungs which caused the deaths? Now they are reporting, "hundreds of deaths from swine flu, mostly effecting the young and the elderly". Basically they are reporting normal flu deaths as swine flu deaths. Also I wouldn't surprised if the CDC is also counting pneumonia now since in their annual flu death numbers is includes flu and pneumonia with no breakdown.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:34 pm

The WHO stopped counting swine flu deaths in July, but continued with the pandemic alert level 6. Repeating a previous post, the swine flu came and went in the Southern Hemisphere without a vaccine and without much trouble.
Michael

Postby Alexander on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi Michael,
My brother's roomate's father is a researcher on the Swine flu vaccine. He approached my brother and my brother's roomate (his son) and specifically told them not to get the vaccine, as it had never been tested on humans.
I'm not a big vaccine fan (i don't get sick.. ), but that was a pretty big smack in the face for me.
Alexander
Huajing

Postby roger hao on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:31 pm

But what is the reason for the irrational persistence
to get this vaccination compared to others? That, in itself,
is a serious red flag.
roger hao

Postby Michael on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:30 pm

Alexander, that's interesting information and goes along with what else I've been hearing. The swine flu vaccine was "approved" by the FDA without normal testing. In the UK, they had 5 days of testing, not sure if it was human, but I doubt it. Five days. Now we hear that the although squalene isn't in the swine flu vaccine, $500 million USD of squalene was purchased by the US govt to be administered along with the vaccine and mixed by the person giving the shot. Sound crazy? Squalene has never been approved by the FDA for injection.
Michael

Previous

Return to Off the Topic