Swine Flu and Vaccine

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Would you allow your children to take a swine flu vaccination? If no kids, then yourself?

Yes
28%
No
57%
Maybe
14%

Total votes : 21

Re: Swine Flu and Vaccine

Postby Chris Fleming on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:26 am

I like the point the guest makes about the swine flu vs the regular flu--how the seasonal flu is much more deadly than the swine, so if you get sick you ought to hope that you have the swine! Calling it a pandemic is such bullshit and propaganda. A complete non-event, save for governments attempting to use it to take more control over people.
Chris Fleming

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:43 am

It is a new virus, it has spread across all continents so it is technically a pandemic and it does potentially have a chance at developing new vectors when it goes pandemic.

If you think in terms of frightening words and rhetoric, then yes, it is scary. If you actually understand what the words mean, it's matter of fact and can be dealt with.

In my opinion, there's too many people, who don't have enough understanding who have taken it upon themselves to spread their opinion and trying to support their opinion with other opinions. This is where the chaos , confusion and bad advice begins.

News reports and internet forums are the least accurate information you will get. If you have a doctor, visit your doctor and ask their advice about whether or not you present a high risk and if you need to develop the antibodies etc.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby BillyK on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:57 pm

remember when we were supposed to die like flies from the bird flu? from BSE? remember when the world should've basically been depopulated from HIV in the early 2000s?

yeah. same, same.
BillyK
Anjing

Postby Chris Fleming on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:37 pm

How do you get the swine flu? Or the bird flu?

You get injected with it.
Chris Fleming

Postby roger hao on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:46 pm

I took notice of the swine flu treatment recently in USA Today a
publication which I despise, which, as I travel is always in front of my door
in the morning.
Apparently the panic is not spreading and public opinion is turning
away from vaccination so the paper makes statements like 'doctors are becoming alarmed'
and 'lines are forming out the door of the clinics' without saying what they are alarmed about
or what clinics etc. The tone of the articles is serious and foreboding with not one report
of any serious fallout of the flu itself.
roger hao

Postby Chris Fleming on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:47 pm

Don't think this has been posted yet:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=23a_1257107005

Quite interesting.
Chris Fleming

Postby Michael on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:52 am

Interesting clip with audio of the Council on Foreign Relations Symposium on the Swine Flu saying that it wasn't a serious virus and they should tell the public there's not enough vaccine in order to make them want to take it. They also said they need more sound bites like, "There's more mercury in a tuna fish sandwich than in the swine flu shot." The mercury in the tuna sammich is not as concentrated, which is how you measure toxicity, and is not being injected directly into deep muscle tissue.
Michael

Postby canard on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:00 am

don't know if this has been posted yet.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 ... d-flu.html

just to stir the pot a bit and get Michael worked up again. :)
not quite exactly in the service of the Crown
canard
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:22 am

What, me get worked up? Never happen! ;D
Michael

Postby roger hao on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:21 pm

Hey Pat -
How are you doing dude?
roger hao

Postby Michael on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:17 pm

I'm afraid Pat wasn't paying attention to this thread and got the swine flu vaccine. Here's how he looks now:

Michael

Postby Chris Fleming on Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:34 am

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestof ... u.info.cnn

It is interesting to listen to the doctor and the words he chooses to use. Many uses of the word "seems". He flat out even says that "we don't have the luxury" of extensive clinical trials, and we won't have them, due to the fact the the flu strain changes from year to year (so we will never be able to come to a more complete study of the effects of each vaccine and the safety, or lack thereof). Just find it interesting that a famous doctor, whom we are to see as an authority to give a reassuring word, was so ambiguous in one moment, and then seemed (pun intended) to then act like getting several shots was not only no problem but a good thing.

At least it was a good discussion, with the three of them allowing for there being very mixed feelings about the issue. I do appreciate that ultimately the doctor said that it is a personal choice.

What I would have loved to ask him is if doctors and the CDC are ever concerned about over use of vaccines, and the subsequent development of stronger and more resistant strains, as can be similarly seen with antibiotic over use.
Chris Fleming

Postby roger hao on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:06 pm

The brainwash hype on mainstream news is getting kicked up
a notch due to so many rejecting the vaccination. It should make
everyone pause to think "why are they so determined to persuade
everyone to get this vaccine?" The truth is in the answer to that somewhere.
They are parroting dumbass questions like "my 5 yr old son already had the H1N1
should he still be vaccinated?" and the even dumber answer "yes" LOL
roger hao

Postby Chris Fleming on Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:21 pm

So I ran into a doctor today and asked her about the flu shot. She was, of course, all for the vaccine. I asked her about the bad shit that is in the vaccine and got some interesting responses. She said, "oh, this is the seasonal shot, not the H1N1". Wow, I thought, as this was telling in more ways than one. When I mentioned that the H1N1 virus as well as thimerosal were contained in the seasonal shot, she looked at my like I was crazy in a "how can you say that" kind of way. So I added, it's right there on the label, check it out next time.

Interesting that even some doctors don't know the ins and outs of what they are recommending to people.

"When this author inquired with the store’s assistant manager what squalene and mercury meant the manager replied that believed the words to be the nicknames of the graffiti artist proving that even managerial level Walgreens employees don’t understand what they are selling and promoting."
Last edited by Chris Fleming on Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Fleming

Postby Michael on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:11 pm

Most doctors are simply uneducated about actual health, such as nutrition, diet, and exercise, and are only taught the basics of anatomy, physiology, biology, a little chemistry, and a LOT of pharmaceuticals in school. Once they get into practice, they realize that prevention, nutrition, and diet won't pay off those med school loans, but pharmaceuticals and vaccines will. Why bother reading the label when the Merck sales rep. already gave you your bonus?

Signed,
Sir Squalene-a-lot & Grandmaster Mercurius
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic