Too bad a responsibly armed citizen wasn't around

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Too bad a responsibly armed citizen wasn't around

Postby BrianK on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:12 am

They were armed, with railroad ties. They may have had firearms, but I doubt they were legally purchased at Bass Pro or Cabelas after a background check and waiting period. Didn't stop them from strapping up. As has been pointed out several times, Illinois, like California, makes it virtually impossible for law abiding citizens to arm themselves. They both have very high crime rates. The murder rate here in Florida has dropped significantly since concealed carry was implemented.

Gun control is never about safety, always about control.

Brian
BrianK
Santi

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:48 am

sad.

i don't know how having guns will solve social problems like this.

Having a gun doesn't stop anyone from being senselessly beaten to death by a gang of disaffected youth.

why are there gangs of disaffected youth roaming the streets beating people to death? is it because of a lack of guns? or is it because of a lack of a decent social construct to be raised within?

I believe it is the latter and not the former. having a gun doesn't solve anything. It just puts one moire gun on the street to be used at the discretion of it's owner. hopefully not stolen and used in a crime like some 40% of the guns used in crime.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Chris McKinley on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:19 pm

Why choose, Darth?
Chris McKinley

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:25 pm

choose what Chris?
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:52 pm

I'm not against gun-ownership, but I don't think generalizing this incident into a gun v. no gun society debate is helpful. No guns, afawk, were involved. I agreed with Chris M. that it's too bad a "responsible gun owner" wasn't around. To me, that doesn't necessarily mean that he/she would have to shoot anyone. In fact, imo, it'd be ideal if a few shots in the air made the mob scatter. Though, this is precisely the type of incident where lethal force would be justified --even in Illinois, I'd bet.

I don't think that "guns" are a solution in this case, however; if the premise is that "everyone" should be armed. That doesn't make much sense to me in this instance --'cause the poor kid would just be deader faster. Otoh, I'm not sure that logic works with mobs; and I do advocate the use of violence, in defense, when someone doesn't or doesn't want to respond to reason.

Anyway, to paraphrase the NRA: "Guns don't solve problems; people solve problems."
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:54 pm

Everyone having guns would result in lethal power for everyone, and probably more deaths altogether. On the other hand, everyone would have the same lethal power themselves, and thus would have more "bargaining power" and perhaps the opportunity for at least a "revenge shot"...

This kind of news really sucks - all who participated in the crime should be executed without remorse. What the hell is wrong with these people?
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:35 pm

You've all heard of cutters right? , people who cut themselves for what ever reason , it's an illness caused by what ever past mental, physical or emotional trauma there may have been. Well this is the same illness manifest in an entire race of people, sad but true.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Chanchu on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:21 pm

Some of the thugs were armed but they did not bother people who could fight back, they are chicken shit bastards not looking for a fight but for the weak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cQVWz8I ... L&index=32

" every man on the roof is armed and right now there does not seem to be any burning or looting in there area."

Yes... all the ingredients for confrontation but one never came- no one wanted any part of invading a armed citizens shop nor did the police take any action to protect anyone- remember? I do.

" "any sign of national guard?" "no"

http://dojorat.blogspot.com/2009/07/la- ... ights.html

Spiking of the evidence of the effectiveness of armed citizens protecting there property and live while the goverment did nothing are the shops and home around them burned.

"Above is a still picture I was able to print from the thumbnail of the original YouTube video I had saved long ago.
The video at the top of this post is one of two that still exist on both YouTube and Google video, the second being a longer version with scenes of looting and a news anchor. There was a video, which I can not find again, that merely showed emotional testimony about what happened and why the Koreans defended themselves in this way.
Now why would nearly every video of the Koreatown gunfights have been stripped from the web? The one from the still photo above was a 2008 YouTube post.
1. Are there still existing lawsuits against the Korean storeowners?
2. Is Koreatown simply trying to clean up the image of the armed battle and move on?
3. Is there government influence, such as a U.S. Attourney leaning on someone to remove the videos? Is the spectre of armed American citizens defending themselves just a little too much for the country as we enter The Second Republican Great Depression? "
Last edited by Chanchu on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby Chanchu on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:37 pm

Can't seem to amend my above post...

Any one (IMO) who thinks that the government wants to inhance safty by disarming the citizens or registering means of self defense knows nothing of history. The politicals do not give a damn about the safty of citizens or stoping crime. They only care about control and self interest. That's it..

I think that the Korea town vid shows this quite clearly- did anyone see any govenment efforts to restore order?

In my opinion- the Constitution gives American citizens the right to bear arms for clear and self evident reasons.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:49 am

you guys are missing the main reason people need guns - zombie apocalypse.
Ian

Postby Michael on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:14 am

By the time that actually happens, they'll have merged with were-vampires and become immune to even head shots and silver bullets. Your only hope is a suh-ward.
Michael

Postby Ian on Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:51 am

are they immune to .50 cal bullets? don't think so!

btw only guessing here, but I think few feelings in the world can compare to stocking up at the dealership while zombies run amok.
Ian

Postby Chanchu on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:31 pm

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... duFSs.mpT4

Interesting article seemingly trying to tie the assault rail road tie murders to firearms

"Never waste a crisis"
Chanchu
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic