Vaccines-an update

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Vaccines-an update

Postby KEND on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:19 am

In NY resistance is rising against the mandatory vaccination against swine flu. Many health workers are petitioning Albany to throw tout this requirement, since there is no science to substantiate the claim that the vaccine prevents swine flu and may in fact harm people-particularly the elderly and children. I understand that in Mass. there are laws being passed to make the vaccination mandatory for everyone, with arrest, fines and prison for non compliance
KEND
Great Old One

Re: Vaccines-an update

Postby Chris Fleming on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:21 am

In fact, studies in Canada are showing that the H1N1 shot is actually CAUSING and thus SPREADING the swine flu.

Don't take the shot!
Chris Fleming

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:38 am

Chris Fleming wrote:In fact, studies in Canada are showing that the H1N1 shot is actually CAUSING and thus SPREADING the swine flu.

Don't take the shot!

*sighs*

This is untrue. The studies here are showing some difficulties in use with regular flu virus vaccinations. There is a problem with getting the vaccines to work together. But to spread the idea that the vaccinations are causing the virus to spread is erroneous.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:34 am

A friend of mine sent me this article, looks like may be on-topic here...

It's a bit on the 'conspiracy theory' side of things, but regardless of that, IMO mass vaccinations (at least in this particular case) are a bad thing and are clearly (at least to me) a money-making campaign and have little to do with trying to care for or improve public health.
Last edited by Dmitri on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:47 am

Actually the flu vaccines in general have never been proven to actually reduce the number of cases of flu.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Chris Fleming on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:50 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:
Chris Fleming wrote:In fact, studies in Canada are showing that the H1N1 shot is actually CAUSING and thus SPREADING the swine flu.

Don't take the shot!

*sighs*

This is untrue. The studies here are showing some difficulties in use with regular flu virus vaccinations. There is a problem with getting the vaccines to work together. But to spread the idea that the vaccinations are causing the virus to spread is erroneous.

Ah. The AUTHORITY (TM) on all things Canadian (and all things otherwise) graces us with his wisdom once again. "darth", you may go get your shot(s) now.

http://preventdisease.com/news/09/09290 ... anda.shtml

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2024882
Chris Fleming

Postby Chris Fleming on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:51 am

DeusTrismegistus wrote:Actually the flu vaccines in general have never been proven to actually reduce the number of cases of flu.

Great. At what cost though? Do you know what you are taking? Do you like Mercury? infertility? Like I said in the other thread, my own personal experience shows me lots of people around me who go like loyal subjects out to get their flu shots each year get sick anyway. I would think that they spread it to others while they are sick.

http://www.infowars.com/h1n1-vaccine-wi ... ant-women/
Last edited by Chris Fleming on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Fleming

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:41 am

Chris, did you know that the h1n1 vaccine in canada is different from that of the one in the states and elsewhere?

Did you know that the vaccine isn't even getting rolled out until November in Canada and at teh very earliest, Last week of October.

Did you know that the vaccine has been getting worked on since the H1N1 strain first appeared and it was Canada that decided to use the adjutant boosters with it?

Did you know that there is no such thing as a mandatory vaccination in Canada?

Can you show me in any of those articles where it states that the vaccine will give you the h1n1 virus?

thanks. ::)

I love how everyone is all of a sudden a trained virologist who understands the details of what is and what isn't good medical science around flu vaccinations.

please.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:43 am

DeusTrismegistus wrote:Actually the flu vaccines in general have never been proven to actually reduce the number of cases of flu.

can you provide the data that confirms that?
I bet you can't.

Why would there be a vaccine process if it didn't work?

Do you think medical science is about killing people or helping them?

These types of statements are pretty out there.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:03 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:Chris, did you know that the h1n1 vaccine in canada is different from that of the one in the states and elsewhere?

Did you know that the vaccine isn't even getting rolled out until November in Canada and at teh very earliest, Last week of October.

Did you know that the vaccine has been getting worked on since the H1N1 strain first appeared and it was Canada that decided to use the adjutant boosters with it?

Did you know that there is no such thing as a mandatory vaccination in Canada?

Can you show me in any of those articles where it states that the vaccine will give you the h1n1 virus?

thanks. ::)

I love how everyone is all of a sudden a trained virologist who understands the details of what is and what isn't good medical science around flu vaccinations.

please.

Not really sure what is the point of any of those questions. So what if there are different strains? Your point is? So what if there is a time frame on the vaccine in Canada? Your point is?

No such thing as mandatory vaccination...yet. We'll have to see on that one. It does look like it has potential.

Those articles were additional news. Care to comment on them? Or just dismiss due to lack of your own point to contribute? The cases of swine in Canada resulting from the vaccine was something I heard from an interview. From what you said, if there is "trouble" getting the flu shot and the H1N1 to "work together" then I guess it's twice the Mercury and carcinogens for you.

As for not being a "trained" virologist, I don't need to be anything to know that the shit they put in "medicine" aint no medicine I want to be taking. These are unnatural substances cloaked with "scientists" who just tell you to take your shot for your own good. Really these are people working for pharmaceutical companies who have no care about health but only profit and other agendas. We see this already with the HPV treatments that are causing death and immune deficiency diseases. I'm willing to bet that the swine vaccine will be similar.

Now go get your shot. For your own good of course.
Chris Fleming

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:17 pm

The articles you posted said NOTHING about the vaccines spreading the virus at all.

I think you are being an alarmist about it and in fact, I think that while there are hurdles, the lack of knowledge and understanding about it combined with the inane accusations and rants is just pathetic and it only makes the problem worse.

You don't know anything about medicine and if you don't want the shot then you don't have to take a shot.

If you work in an institution whereby you are in close contact with others every day, then it is plain as the nose on anyone's face that you should take any and all vaccinations offered.

the vaccine is still in the human testing stage.

the claims about autism and such are old rutebegas that have been shown to be outright garbage for some time but that doesn't stop loud and ignorant people from bringing them up all the time.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:43 pm

"accusations and rants is just pathetic and it only makes the problem worse."

How's that again? How does it actually make the problem (and I guess you're acknowledging that there is a problem now?) The moment you stop asking questions is the moment you become another sheep just following along, just doing what you're told. Don't worry, "they" have it all under control.

"You don't know anything about medicine"

Compared to you vast knowledge on the subject?

"the vaccine is still in the human testing stage"

yeah. The makers wouldn't take it themselves. Care to step up?

"the claims about autism and such are old rutebegas that have been shown to be outright garbage"

By who?
Chris Fleming

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:56 pm

my concern is that they'll make it mandatory for school children.

I don't want my kid taking that stuff. He's plenty strong. I don't see him folding to a flu.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:04 pm

Same here.
I'd have to figure out a way out of it somehow, if they do... Maybe tell them that we just accepted Jehovah as our personal savior and he told us that medicine is just one of many devil's tricks.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:07 pm

Some people fear the new flu vaccine because it's been rushed into production without --in the opinions of more than a few doctors-- the usual amount of testing. It's reasonable, imo, for people to be skeptical of any (relatively) untried vaccine. Untried in the sense that they don't have a tangible benchmark for how many individuals react negatively to the vaccine itself, or how severe the secondary reactions might be. So, they suggest more testing (i.e., on more subjects) instead of testing it in action on the general population.

I'm not worried about the monetary aspect. If there's a dollar to be made, there's someone out there spending nights planning to get it from you. Is there a credible risk. Don't ask me. I don't usually get the flu shots, and I can't remember ever getting a serious flu. But, I've smoked cigarettes and never gotten cancer ... yet. So, if I had a school age child, I'd surely get him/her the measles, mumps inoculation .... same rationale: I've had them, and they've never hurt me. My genes have been passed down just fine, too, thanks. Otoh, I'd hesitate about putting my child in the first group of children to receive the new vaccine. It's just a matter of measuring the unknown risk to the actual consequence. If it's just the flu. Ok, I'd keep my kid out of school until the season is over.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic