Steven Seagal layin' down da law!!!!!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Steven Seagal layin' down da law!!!!!

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:18 pm

Royce would choke him out!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:04 am

Dream on, dude! ::)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:38 am

Yeeeeeeehaaaaaw! Hooooooaaahhhhh! Woo! Woo! Woo! Yeeeeeeeh baby! Yeeeehhhhh! Rufff! Rufff! Arrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

(Andy_S whoops, barks and gesticulates wildly, punching the the air for about five minutes like a fratboy with at war with a firefly, then manages - with difficulty - to calmTFdown, after feeling a stroke coming on.)

Now THIS is what I call entertainment. I predict:
Lot's of cops saying what a damned hard nut Seagal is for a thespian, yessir;
Stressed police chiefs yelling down the phone: "Hold the damn SWAT! Seagal's on the way!"
Perps looking on in awe as our boy lays down the damn law;
A surprising influx of Triads, Drug Dealers and Gangstas for our man to deal with; oh, and
LOT'S of late night stops, hanging wid da cops, pimps and 'hos at the late-night hot dawg stand so our hero can fuel up for his next deadly confrontation.

In short, this will be the greatest use of the televisual medium in history - and I will chin any fuckwit who dares to claim otherwise.

It also raises great possibilities:
- Chuck deploying with Delta Force to defend America against those dayam Muslim guys in Uzbollockstan or wherever the hell we are fighting this week;
- Richard Dreyfuss going into the cage of S Africa to take on a Great White with a toothpick; and
- Stallone being parachuted into North Korea to mow down Kim Jong-il's army.

The golden age of TV is dawning, boys!
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:42 am

so the main question really is: WHEN DOES IT GO ON THE AIR?!
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:15 pm

Here's the compilation with some of the Tai-Chi Chuan style techniques mentioned earlier in this thread:

"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:27 pm

so the main question really is: WHEN DOES IT GO ON THE AIR?!

Aha, that's the point. But, fwiw, Seagal has been working with law enforcement for a long time. It's a tv stunt because his fans and enemies will probably ... er, almost certainly watch. Seagal was a deputy sheriff in New Orleans right after Katrina. Anyway, he got his start as a fight coordinator (i.e., someone who makes fights look good on film). So, I agree that the producers are hoping to, or already, have footage of him doing his thing. From a ma perspective, it might be interesting to see. No? Oh well, I'll watch; but I won't set aside my night for it. Besides, it'll be on dvd or Hulu at any rate.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:24 am

Doc:

RE: "Best of Seagal 3"

Most of the techniques (I could only bear to watch the first two minutes) looked more WC than Taiji to me. BTW, Taiji peeps fight with a cold, sardonic smile on their lips. Seagal, OTOH, looks like he is trying to pucker up his rectum to prevent an errant turd from escaping. (I should know...I''ve been there more than once.) Clearly, you know nothing about Taiji...
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic