Is RSF on the rag?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Is RSF on the rag?

Postby Pat on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:14 pm

Just curious. Does it seem like we are getting really snippy and argumentative on the forum here?

I rarely post. I rarely have anything to add, period. But I have been reading and hanging out less and less due to the way things smell around here.

We usually run on a cycle around here. We get on a BJJ kick, then a Taiji thingy, then Wing Chun, then something else, so on and so forth.

Do we do this with our attitudes also? Are we gonna get back to giving hugs and being nice? I like hugs and nice. Do you guys?

PS- And this is not directed at the mods or the guys who keep the lights on and pay the bills for our lovely and FREE board (free to us, anyways).

Chris and Micheal- I had an outstanding time hanging out with you guys! Plus the guys here in Austin need to all get together and break bread sometime soon.
Just Let Your Soul Glo!!!
Pat
Anjing

Re: Is RSF on the rag?

Postby nianfong on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:20 pm

agreed. i think we need pics of scantily clad women and beers all around.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Dmitri on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Pat, you suck, and your kung fu is weak. And my big brother can kick your big brother's butt, so there.

Peace-shmeace.

Here, I brought you a flower.

;D
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Chris McKinley on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:48 pm

Some folks can get a little too attached to what they do. It mistakenly becomes part of their identity and therefore any time it is criticized, they feel personally attacked. They then respond to objective criticism with some variation of ad hominem attack, whether direct insult, sarcasm, or feigned martyrdom. At least half the time, not only do they go ad hominem, but even after the personal stuff they don't even bother responding to the specific criticism objectively anyway.

With a little maturity, those folks could realize that we can disagree intensely about the issues or the arts, which people on a discussion forum are going to do, and we can even passionately argue against one another's points, and all the while still maintain personal respect, even friendship.
Chris McKinley

Postby Chris Fleming on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:52 pm

Muah ha ha...
Chris Fleming

Postby Pat on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Dmitri- I'm sorry! I'll never say that again! Please don't slap me like that again!
Just Let Your Soul Glo!!!
Pat
Anjing

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:12 pm

Pat wrote: Plus the guys here in Austin need to all get together and break bread sometime soon.

Hey, Pat. Count me in, man. You call it and I'll haul it, OK? ;)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:16 pm

Anytime Pat! We could go out somewhere (been wanting to try Korea House sometime) or we could do something similar to last time where we cooked various meals at my place.
Last edited by Chris Fleming on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Fleming

Postby Ian on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:22 pm

Pat wrote:Just curious. Does it seem like we are getting really snippy and argumentative on the forum here?

It seems this is a constant thing. Except for during Christmas ;D

I never really understood getting stressed about what's posted here. Being angry is pretty energy and time-consuming...

If someone says something negative about you, they're just baiting. They're refreshing that page n times per day waiting for your reply. Just ignore.

If someone talks trash about your practice, that's cool - you don't know them, they don't know you.

Or maybe what you wrote was misunderstood. I know I usually just skim past some of the essays posted here. I prefer pretty pictures :)

Last edited by Ian on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ian

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:39 pm

Pat & Ian, what you don't understand is:

You all should definitely have an RSF: Austin Branch, Pot Luck Dinner and Jow Festival. It's the only viable excuse for Pat to get out of the house once a year. :D Too bad I won't be there. :'(
Michael

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:12 pm

In Austin you got: Doc, John Wang, Chris, Pat, Roger Hao, hopgarsansau (Jason), bigphatwong, and who else?
Michael

Postby bigphatwong on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:50 am

Tom wrote:
Leslie:

Hellz yeah! lol
Last edited by bigphatwong on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:21 pm

Oh my. Similar shit on the drag near UT. We could all go down there and listen to the wanna-be street punk rockers philosophically explain to us why we should support their non working life style. And then shuai jiao slam them. :)

Another place I've been wanting to try is Dimassi's Mediterranean Buffet. All you can eat, fellas. Don't know if it's good but if it is I'm sure we can make them lose money on that deal. It's in South Austin, across from the Gold's Gym, very close to where most of ya'll (see, I'm using my "ya'll's" more) would get off of MoPac. 4301 William Cannon Dr. West.
Chris Fleming

Postby bigphatwong on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:43 pm

Chris Fleming wrote:Oh my. Similar shit on the drag near UT. We could all go down there and listen to the wanna-be street punk rockers philosophically explain to us why we should support their non working life style. And then shuai jiao slam them. :)

Another place I've been wanting to try is Dimassi's Mediterranean Buffet. All you can eat, fellas. Don't know if it's good but if it is I'm sure we can make them lose money on that deal. It's in South Austin, across from the Gold's Gym, very close to where most of ya'll (see, I'm using my "ya'll's" more) would get off of MoPac. 4301 William Cannon Dr. West.

I'm up North. Lake Travis area.

To me, UT is like Westwood. Another waaaaaay overrated yuppie college area. I'd be more down to do something like rent bikes and cruise out to the Lake or hike the Green Belt, then go shove fish down our throats at Fujian Buffet.
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby everything on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:43 pm

man I miss living in Austin some times. but then you still have 90's deg F right now don't you?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic