Is RSF on the rag?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Is RSF on the rag?

Postby bigphatwong on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:45 pm

It's actually been raining quite a bit. Cooled things down considerably.
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:17 pm

Raining like a mofo off and on for about a month. Messing up my trips to the park but I do like that it has cooled off the place.
Chris Fleming

Postby Michael on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:28 pm

Chris Fleming wrote:very close to where most of ya'll (see, I'm using my "ya'll's" more)

Did you have to see the neurologist to switch from you'in's to y'all's? Darn Pennsylvanian horse and buggy quaker stating coal miners. ;D
Michael

Postby Chris Fleming on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:58 pm

Michael wrote:
Chris Fleming wrote:very close to where most of ya'll (see, I'm using my "ya'll's" more)

Did you have to see the neurologist to switch from you'in's to y'all's? Darn Pennsylvanian horse and buggy quaker stating coal miners. ;D

Chris Fleming

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:21 pm

Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby ShortFormMike on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:29 pm

bigphatwong wrote:It's actually been raining quite a bit. Cooled things down considerably.

that's true. but one thing i've found disconcerting is the public threats to ban people and then announcing when you do it. one person was banned who i had met up to practice with. i thought this was bizarre because even if we don't like what someone has to say, if they are down to meet and practice they should not be banned.

why not just take away their posting privileges temporarily (or even for good) so at least they can sill PM to coordinate meet ups? or just delete their posts if it's so bad. in general i've noticed that mods on all kinds of forums seem to enjoy flexing their muscle in a public fashion.

also there are some people who are clearly last word freaks and must be trippin' if they think someone is going to read their ten page rejoinders to every little thing.

what's even more silly is how intense some things can get because you know damn well if, for example, we went to the same school or lived in the same neighborhood, the vast majority of us would be friends. but on line the bitterness is palpable.

just my ten cents. if you don't like it, i will email you and death waiver in PDF format and we can get it on.
if it doesn't make sense, it's because I'm "typing" with Swype or using android's voice to text, which is pretty damn good by the way
ShortFormMike
Huajing

Postby Michael on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:31 pm

How many pages is your death waiver? Mine's 27 on LGL sized paper, which is usually enough to scare away my opponents right there, so I win.
Michael

Postby Chris Fleming on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:40 pm

Where the fuck is this thread going now? SFMike, I think he was talking about the temperature in Austin right now.
Chris Fleming

Postby Michael on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:55 pm

Since the sniper thread was a setup, this is where he's being honest and upfront.

EDIT: Mike's post is on topic for this thread, and there has been one person banned that I didn't want to see go, but this thread has taken a positive turn so it might be good to let it keep going that way.
Last edited by Michael on Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby roger hao on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:27 pm

Yo Brother Pat,

Run the date by me early so I can input or adjust. I am
still stuck out here in SJ. I offer up my place for a culinary fiasco also.
roger hao

Postby Strange on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:41 pm

Tom wrote:....Thong-Stretching Society's monthly Suck It Up....

hmmmm.... how very interesting...
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:18 pm

I believe we still have the Dunce Cap group to eliminate posting privileges. however I believe most bannings have been appropriate.
Mike we don't take kindly to trolls around here. doesn't matter if you meet up with them in person and they're ok. troll the forum, and you're banned. period.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Muad'dib on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:22 pm

Also, if you meet someone in person and they are a POS, they still might have posting privileges.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Hey, for you Austin peeps:

Hi all, just wanted to tell you about a great event at the bookstore this
Saturday. Dr. Ken O'Neal will be giving a presentation on naturopathic
strategies for boosting the immune system and staying healthy. He will
also be giving his expert opinion on the swine flu fiasco and what things
to do if forced to take the vaccine. Dr. Ken O'Neal has had over forty
years of practicing medicine and has a wealth of understanding of both
natural healing and conventional medicine. So come on down to the
bookstore this Saturday at 7pm to see this talk live.

WHERE: Brave New Books 1904 Guadalupe St.
WHEN: 7pm Saturday October 17th

http://www.bravenewbookstore.com
Michael

Postby GrahamB on Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:02 am

Pat wrote:Just curious. Does it seem like we are getting really snippy and argumentative on the forum here?

I rarely post. I rarely have anything to add, period. But I have been reading and hanging out less and less due to the way things smell around here.

We usually run on a cycle around here. We get on a BJJ kick, then a Taiji thingy, then Wing Chun, then something else, so on and so forth.

Do we do this with our attitudes also? Are we gonna get back to giving hugs and being nice? I like hugs and nice. Do you guys?

PS- And this is not directed at the mods or the guys who keep the lights on and pay the bills for our lovely and FREE board (free to us, anyways).

Chris and Micheal- I had an outstanding time hanging out with you guys! Plus the guys here in Austin need to all get together and break bread sometime soon.

I think we call all learn a lot from Arthur!

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic