most popular style in China?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: most popular style in China?

Postby Andy_S on Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:24 pm

RE: Segs' comment:

I have met a lot of tough - ie able to hit hard and able to take a hard hit - guys in TKD. They are not rare: Many TKD clubs in Korea focus on the sport version, which is a pretty demanding sparring regimen: All kicks are full contact. Most of their training is oriented toward this, there is very little focus on static stances, forms, etc, it is a mobile, fast, loose, powerful kicking style.

However, it is a pretty ineffective fighting system on the whole.

In terms of striking tourney fighting, I'd agree with Juan: Spin kicks have power. For self defense, I would consider them more dangerous to the kicker than the kickee due to the fact that:
Even in TKD tourneys, spinning kickers often fall over
Your trous may be tight and the floor slippery
Your opponent can kick or grab your groin

However, if one had to make a choice between an ineffective fighting style (eg TKD) effectivley trained (as the TKD sports fighters do) vs an effective fighting style (eg Taiji) that is ineffectively trained (as 99.99 percent of Taiji is)....well, the former beats the latter.
Last edited by Andy_S on Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic