My trip to Singa

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

My trip to Singa

Postby Overlord on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:49 pm

I would like to thank strange for his hospitality during my visit in Singapore. Man, Singapore now has the best cold noodle in the world. Taiwan's cold noodle is now second class.

My meeting with strange was too brief (like one hour), spent too much time and money on girls. They are leeches, they just suck you dry....!!

Strange share his view on:
1. The difference between a master and a coach.
2. Teach according to students need.
3. Significance of health care in training. And importance of ZZ.
4. Why the food in Singa is so great. People are so nice.

Ok, I made the last one up.
Over

ps: business and me internet slow me down, at last i get this message through properly.
Last edited by Overlord on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Overlord

Re: My trip to Singa

Postby yusuf on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:19 am

did he break your fekkin arm?
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:48 pm

Overlord wrote:...girls....they just suck you dry....!! at last i get this message through properly.

oh yeah... sucking to dryness causes much weakness
take your time my mang, we understand :D
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:52 pm

yusuf wrote:did he break your fekkin arm?

Sorry, your question does not compute, you sure you in the right topic, sir?

Over
Overlord

Postby Michael on Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:51 am

You don't know Strange the way we know Strange. :) The arm thing is a reference from an old thread.
Michael

Postby yusuf on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:19 am

..and it is one of the most hilarious things I have ever read.. respects to Mang Strange, respects :)
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby cdobe on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:21 am

yusuf wrote:..and it is one of the most hilarious things I have ever read.. respects to Mang Strange, respects :)

Not to forget the very important thread about whether or not it's appropriate to ask a girl out after only 5 months...
:-X ;D
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:33 am

Singapore girls like to take things slowly.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:56 am

and they only date guys with forearms of steel
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Overlord on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:26 pm

o i c....
I am basically in the same boat. It took me two years for me to ask a girl out, and it turned out she is other people's girl. Traditional nice little Asian boy like me study hare and train hard when we were young, not very good with girls. But training conquers all.

As for iron forearms, you guys probably want to talk about that in this topic. But you are welcome to talk here too.
http://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6539
Cheers,

Over
Overlord

Postby Strange on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm

regarding pt 3, what i said actually was:
many ppl think that doing martial arts is healthy for the body, but actually it is demanding, dangerous and mostly bad for health.
what does one expect? you are turning yourself into a walking, talking, living weapon. lawyers have a 'nice' little word for it; i think
they call it "basic"; meaning you can do it yourself, no need for guns, weapons, etc... basic.

the weird thing about it (MA) training is, it seems to favour the weak and but requires you to be very strong to do it well.... strange.
yes, choke full of dichotomies and contradictions to mess your brain up.... which brings us nicely to the topic of speed....

these ppl here want fast- they have fast food, fast cars, fast fashion, spend money before they have it to chase fast lifestyle with fast
girls. they also want fast kung fu, years? no!, months? better, weeks? ok!. if it cannot be done - fuck must be something wrong with the
dang kung fu in the first place, lets make something new. when ppl say be careful; they ask does this fella comprehend english when the
subject is chinese ma. yes sir, we be talking about fast.

as you know when one does a ma routine too fast, things get out of whack. but instead of slowing down to reduce the confusion, they
do the only thing they know - do it faster! then when it comes to crunch time, the thing that happens is that, 'things' like bagua comes
out looking like wrestling... and after discussion the result is that tcma does not work. yes... fast.

what is the meaning of speed is the device of shaitan? just like this, as above.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:26 pm

Only after i read dune did i understand that about speed. ;D

Indeed, it has Shaitan written all over it.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby bigphatwong on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:44 pm

Strange wrote:these ppl here want fast- they have fast food, fast cars, fast fashion, spend money before they have it to chase fast lifestyle with fast
girls. they also want fast kung fu, years? no!, months? better, weeks? ok!. if it cannot be done - fuck must be something wrong with the
dang kung fu in the first place, lets make something new. when ppl say be careful; they ask does this fella comprehend english when the

Who's "they"? ???
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:02 am

Strange wrote:regarding pt 3, what i said actually was:
many ppl think that doing martial arts is healthy for the body, but actually it is demanding, dangerous and mostly bad for health.
what does one expect? you are turning yourself into a walking, talking, living weapon. lawyers have a 'nice' little word for it; i think
they call it "basic"; meaning you can do it yourself, no need for guns, weapons, etc... basic.

the weird thing about it (MA) training is, it seems to favour the weak and but requires you to be very strong to do it well.... strange.
yes, choke full of dichotomies and contradictions to mess your brain up.... which brings us nicely to the topic of speed....

these ppl here want fast- they have fast food, fast cars, fast fashion, spend money before they have it to chase fast lifestyle with fast

as you know when one does a ma routine too fast, things get out of whack. but instead of slowing down to reduce the confusion, they
do the only thing they know - do it faster! then when it comes to crunch time, the thing that happens is that, 'things' like bagua comes
out looking like wrestling... and after discussion the result is that tcma does not work. yes... fast.

what is the meaning of speed is the device of shaitan? just like this, as above.

Ha ha.......sorry i forgot alot of it. Yep that is what strange say.

Strange also said that tcma is very unique, seems to be specifically developed for small people, yet to exert tremendous and explosive force.
And these two seems contradicting each other, but somehow tcma can bring them together.
In the past, tcma was a tool for living, like body guard, or hit man nowaday.
In the time of cold weapon in China, they train hard, daily and rigorously, because it was a way of survival.
Now, we only do it for fitness and best yet loss bit of weight.

I hope i get this right.
Thanks for reminding.

Andy
Overlord

Return to Off the Topic