Being Prepared

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Being Prepared

Postby Michael on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:50 pm

Here's a nice page with lots of good links to being prepared.
Michael

Postby dragontigerpalm on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:17 pm

All these type of preparations IMO is tantamount to fretting. I truly believe that living scared isn't living at all.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby Chris Fleming on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:44 pm

You obviously missed the point then. There's no fear or fretting in my life. When I started this thread I specified no doomsday, martial law, or anything of that nature. Just general preparedness when it comes to hard times, hell, even without hard times it's good to be responsible. Know your own history. People in this country lived through hard times during the great depression, dust bowl, etc. You think it's impossible for anything like that to happen here again? Ever even been without electricity for more than a few hours? If you don't know how to handle yourself then you'll be up shit creak in a hurry. I bet anyone staying behind during hurricane Katrina wished they planed MORE and stored MORE even if they did do that in the first place.
Last edited by Chris Fleming on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris Fleming

Postby everything on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:52 pm

Michael wrote:Here's a nice page with lots of good links to being prepared.

Geez that is something. I can see getting sucked into that for hours, days, months, and years.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic