Inmates take up meditation

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Inmates take up meditation

Postby everything on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:38 am

amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: Inmates take up meditation

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:48 am

bout time
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:40 pm

Ya know, when I was a prison guard I had to just shake my head at some of the things the prison system decided. Like providing inmates with a full gym and punching bags. These guys come in skinny, pissed off & looking for trouble and after a few years they leave all big, muscle-bound and with fists hardened from working the heavy bag, still pissed off & looking for trouble, now really able to fuck someone up. Us prison guards didn't have as complete a gym to workout in as these guys did.

In my opinion, all inmates should be dressed in soft pink jumpsuits, and made to take part in mandatory yoga, zen meditation and tai chi for health classes.
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:48 pm

cerebus wrote:Ya know, when I was a prison guard I had to just shake my head at some of the things the prison system decided. Like providing inmates with a full gym and punching bags. These guys come in skinny, pissed off & looking for trouble and after a few years they leave all big, muscle-bound and with fists hardened from working the heavy bag, still pissed off & looking for trouble, now really able to fuck someone up. Us prison guards didn't have as complete a gym to workout in as these guys did.

In my opinion, all inmates should be dressed in soft pink jumpsuits, and made to take part in mandatory yoga, zen meditation and tai chi for health classes.

+1
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby everything on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:28 pm

lol
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Chanchu on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:08 pm

I think if any one was in a hell like that, meditation/ yoga/chi kung would be very useful tool to have to try to make it out ok.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:08 pm

Kumar taught meditation and qigong in prisons decades ago.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:29 am

yea - bleading hearts seem to forget that despite the fact they 'call' it rehabilitation, it's 'really' punishment.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:51 am

cerebus wrote:Ya know, when I was a prison guard I had to just shake my head at some of the things the prison system decided. Like providing inmates with a full gym and punching bags. These guys come in skinny, pissed off & looking for trouble and after a few years they leave all big, muscle-bound and with fists hardened from working the heavy bag, still pissed off & looking for trouble, now really able to fuck someone up. Us prison guards didn't have as complete a gym to workout in as these guys did.

Indeed. I agree in fact.
There is a the spectrum of personalities in a prison population though.
The mixed nuts package settles out with time and you get a new aggregate.
It is in fact punishment and there is little in the way of rehabilitation and the only observation required is the stats on recidivism which are startling.

So, can you force the behavioural change? Can you shepherd behavioural change?
And more importantly can you change the imperative any of us dictate withing ourselves consciously or not?

you cannot rehabilitate in a surrounding that directly contrasts against that which you wish to assimilate the inmate back into.
They are not held responsible for feeding. clothing or sheltering themselves and are furthermore not made responsible for their families.
They are used as a form of slave labour in many countries and as well, the prison industry is a fast growth industry globally.

In some countries however, this is not the model.
Those countries that truly do practice rehabilitation are few.
Last edited by Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic