Jobsworth Deja Vu

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Jobsworth Deja Vu

Postby Ian on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:51 am

Haven't we been here before...?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/ ... ban-mother

Ah yes it's the dark ages. Cover up your shame!
Ian

Re: Jobsworth Deja Vu

Postby RobP2 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:46 am

To quote Peter Cook "this country is becoming a Gestapo khazi....."

You need to turn these things round. Instead of being embarrassed, loudly announce what is going on to the whole shop. Turn it into a major scene. Don't pay for the rest of the shopping, leave it there and say in the future you'll shop somewhere you're not made to feel like a criminal

I recently got some petrol and some food at a garage I use every week. My card was declined (it had expired) and the woman immediately gave me a sharp look and moved the sandwich, drink and kit kat away out of my reach! Her reaction was like I'd turned into Jack the Ripper. Luckily I had some cash in the van to cover it, but I told her I'd be using somewhere else in the future.

It's an insidious thing going on, thought crime is not far away.....
Last edited by RobP2 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If your life seems dull and boring - it is" - Derek & Clive
http://www.systemauk.com/
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:21 am

I was refused a box of 12 liqueur chocolates because I didn't have my passport with me... obviously I was planning to get fucked up on chocolates and vandalise a bus stop, stab an old lady etc.
Ian

Postby Michael on Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:30 am

We know your history Ian: the most notorious young man in Victoria Park. Frequently assaults French poodles and their owners, all while jacked up on choco rations.

It's all meant to train you that you are the criminal and the authority figures, in all their little Hitler iterations as clerks, bureaucrats, and orange-vested minders, are to be obeyed. Bow down.
Michael

Postby Dmitri on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:43 am

Ian wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/oct/11/morrisons-wine-ban-mother

Damn!! :o :-X ::) -puke-
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:56 am

Wow, these situations seem sooo familiar somehow. S'funny.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Harvey on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:38 am

Funny thing is under english law it is perfectly legal for the woman to serve said alcohol to her 17 yo daughter at home with her dinner, it's parental consent to let their own offspring not the shops. Ok it's illegal for under 18's to BUY alcohol but legal for 16 yo to consume with parental consent and legal for 12 yo to consume if part of a religious act, either that or we'd be after the Church of England for influencing minors.
Feck You You Feckin Fecker
Harvey
Great Old One

Postby mrtoes on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:42 am

So the 17 year old could just wait in the car for her mother to bring her the bottle of forbidden liquor. Pretty silly.

Matthew.
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby Teazer on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:34 am

Harvey wrote:Funny thing is under english law it is perfectly legal for the woman to serve said alcohol to her 17 yo daughter at home with her dinner, it's parental consent to let their own offspring not the shops. Ok it's illegal for under 18's to BUY alcohol but legal for 16 yo to consume with parental consent and legal for 12 yo to consume if part of a religious act, either that or we'd be after the Church of England for influencing minors.

In fact, last I knew in the UK it was legal with a meal if the kid was over 6 and the parent bought it. Still, the supermarkets have a good reason for being a bit anal about it.
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic