My new Iron Rulers I had made for me.

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: My new Iron Rulers I had made for me.

Postby Andy_S on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:53 pm

Chris:

Well, perhaps someone here will find these things so attractive they will want to break into Dale's house to pinch 'em. If - hypothetically - that did happen, what EXACTLY would the burglar have to fear? Does Dugas have IEDs planted around the place? A tank full of poisonous snakes? A particularly formidable missus? Or what?

All:

To follow up on my first and Fong's recent post:
They are not rulers AND they are not iron...?

I'll go with 'sai,' in that case.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:08 pm

I learned a Hsing-I form that uses them. The name I learned for the weapon was "Shuang Cha" (double forks)...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:10 pm

And Andy, I imagine the threat of being turned into a human shish-kebab on those things would be good enough to keep most people from breaking in (I'm not gonna try it) :D
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:35 pm

Dale's house features a number of knives right by the front door followed by a rack with a number of large swords. The house also features Dale himself, who will probably welcome the iron palm "practice" if you break in.
Chris Fleming

Postby Andy_S on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:12 am

Dale's domecile sounds less than shite-scary.

My house, on the other hand, contains....Thunder crashes! Lightning flashes! Organs pound out eerie, funereal muzak! ....a WIFE.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Dale Dugas on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:44 am

Yeah,

I have one of those as well.

But you get to meet me and my Iron Palm as well as Shuai Skills for a meet and greet anytime.

After I wreck you Ill get in an acupuncture needling tutorial with my new Iron Rulers.
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:08 am

Why Dale my dear fellow, your kind offer of a severe beating followed by a medieval medical experience is most appreciated, but - alas! - my scrots remain unshat in.

Moving on: Why are they called 'iron rulers,' eh? Admit it: Yer stumped.
Services available:
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Fubo on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:16 am

Very cool... Almost as cool as the flaming axe tattoo you're sporting there.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby josh on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:42 am

Andy_S wrote:Moving on: Why are they called 'iron rulers,' eh? Admit it: Yer stumped.

The Chinese name is tie chi. Tie means "iron." Chi is first and foremost a unit of measurement, approximately a foot long. It also means the tool that is one chi long and used to measure length ("ruler") and, by extension, can also refer to various implements that are around the same length and shape. For example, there is a kind of long paperweight that was traditionally used to hold books open that is called a "book ruler" (shu chi). They are not technically "rulers" but there's not really any better term to use in translating the name.
Nice ones, BTW 8-)
Last edited by josh on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
通背神拳誰敢擋﹐無影無形無柔剛。兩手捧定千斤法﹐專打邪魔鬼神忙。
josh
Great Old One

Postby Dale Dugas on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:03 am

thanks Josh for the info.

They are very nice.
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby Dale Dugas on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:05 am

Fubo wrote:Very cool... Almost as cool as the flaming axe tattoo you're sporting there.

Those are my Li Kuei axes( I have them on both forearms) which reportedly were sentient and would signal him when the bad guys were coming. Who knows, but it makes for a cool story.

Axes are like the rulers. Not so much finesse as raw power and smashing if you want. Axes have one up on the rulers as they have a sharper edge, but both can be used more to hit and smash then slash, and slice.
Last edited by Dale Dugas on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:51 pm

Thanks Josh.

Hang on - these are called Tie Chie? I think I practice that....
Services available:
Andy_S
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic