Something special for Chris McKinley

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Something special for Chris McKinley

Postby wiesiek on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:49 am

Wow,men,
not ordinary 200mph gimnastic,
Style is precision gymnastics !!(at 200 MPH),
one of the fastest and most dangerous mind/body sports in the world.

Just image
try to stop her.. er bagua done with that speeeeeed
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Fubo on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:15 am

Craig wrote:
Maria Camille, creator of BaGua FlowTM, has been a student and practitioner of the internal arts for most of her life.

Maria is a former World Skydiving Champion (the first for America) winning four gold medals and a bronze in what is known worldwide as Style Competition. Style is precision gymnastics (at 200 MPH), one of the fastest and most dangerous mind/body sports in the world. She is a three-time national champion in Para-Ski, an extraordinarily challenging sport that combines precision parachuting on the side of icy mountain slopes along with giant slalom ski racing.

Her success in these competitive arenas can be attributed in large measure to her dedication to the Bagua Circle Walking and the mind/body discipline employed in the energy practice of internal martial arts.

Breaking new ground has always been a way of life for Maria. A number of movie roles included her participation in an all-female team airlifted into a remote village in East Irian Jaya, New Guinea where her group successfully parachuted into a remote high mountain village, scaled a never-before-climbed 17,000-foot mountain and ran the previously untamed white-water rapids of the St. Lawrence River. Seeking a more creative venue, she participated in many special assignments world-wide, then went on to form a production company which produced numerous cable television shows on health, wellness, anti-aging and fitness.

Throughout it all, she practiced the energy arts. She extracted what she learned and integrated them into her own ever-evolving internal martial arts regimen. The result is a return to her original training roots and the cre

Dude why is she teaching watered down bagua? I wanna learn to do 200mph ski gymnastics! Besides, she couldnt have had too much time to practice with all that going on

Not the best sign when some one markets themselves as a Bagua-off shoot type of teacher and their bio says little to nothing of their actual bagua experience and history.

"ever-evolving internal martial arts regimen" could mean anything... it could mean their art developed from sucky to a little less sucky etc...
Fubo
Wuji

Postby Michael Babin on Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:25 pm

Hmmm... I'm not a big fan of bagua that by implication is traditional but is also completely divorced of the martial roots of the art.

On the other hand, judging by the film clip, she at least has practised what she preaches and I bet it goes over real well with the Sidonia new Age crowd... and, at least, she's not wearing a pseudo-taoist dress or an aikido outfit with American flag hakama and demonstrating X-blocks against a kendo sword as supposed bagua weapons training.
My Website [with a link to my Youtube Channel] https://sites.google.com/view/mbtaiji/home
Michael Babin
Wuji

Postby JonathanArthur on Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Fubo wrote:Well, it was only a matter of time before someone invented some new age chi hugger off shoot of Bagua and taught it with a "tm" behind the title (as if anyone would actually want to copy "Bagua flow". ::)

Watch the video on the site... I don't see how positive "physical and spiritual health" can truly be attained considering some of the misaligned knees in those low postures... life long practitioners can look forward to knees problems, pain killers, and possibly a premature walker.

CIRCLE WALKING THERAPY TM

"Unlike Tai Chi and Yoga this Taoist exercise will make an excellent companion video to the Tao Te Ching translation by Dr.Wayne Dyer."
JonathanArthur

Postby Muad'dib on Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:01 pm

Well, it was only a matter of time before someone invented some new age chi hugger off shoot of Bagua and taught it with a "tm" behind the title (as if anyone would actually want to copy "Bagua flow".

Michael Guen anyone?

Edit: OMFG, just watched the "Circle walking" clip. That really motivated to practice. I need to develop my internal power to the point where I can kill through the internet.
Last edited by Muad'dib on Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic