BNP on Question Time tonight

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: BNP on Question Time tonight

Postby Harvey on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:57 am

What annoys me is the B part of BNP, how much penetration into the voting populace do they have in Scotland or Wales, two countries that because they have held on to their national identities and national pride seem (as i have no real barometer on this one) not to have such an issue as working class english.
And as for that satelite of UK politics I do believe if the BNP tried to get representation over here in NI they'd have a little visit from the bhoys in balaclavas and be asked to "Wind their necks in"
Feck You You Feckin Fecker
Harvey
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:44 am

I was wondering how the Irish, Scots, Welsh, Cornwallers and others felt. I can sort of understand the cry of "England for the English," but I'm kind of confused with "Britain for the Brits."
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:40 am

My students are always asking me to explain the difference between the UK, England, and Britain. Any help, or do I just keep telling them the fair British Isles are a big country with lots of people and nobody knows the answer?
Michael

Postby GrahamB on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:44 am

Well, the Scottish are generally pale-skinned, ginger or bald, bad tempered and unintelligible, the Welsh are generally short, dark-hared, bad-tempered and unintelligible and the English are just generally bastards with an Empire complex. That help? ;D
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:45 am

Steve James wrote:I was wondering how the Irish, Scots, Welsh, Cornwallers and others felt. I can sort of understand the cry of "England for the English," but I'm kind of confused with "Britain for the Brits."

I would just like to say I have never heard the word "Cornwallers" before - that's awesome!

I believe you meant "Cornish" ;D
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:49 am

Yes, that's brilliant. :) Next question from my Chinese lads and lasses: why do you still have a queen? Oh, you already mentioned the empire complex. Nevermind ;)
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:49 am

I believe you meant "Cornish"

:) Yep, you're right. At least I didn't say "Scotch."
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:50 am

His spell checker changed it from cornholer, bah-dum-dum, chisssh!
Michael

Postby GrahamB on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:51 am

Michael wrote:Yes, that's brilliant. :) Next question from my Chinese lads and lasses: why do you still have a queen? Oh, you already mentioned the empire complex. Nevermind ;)

She has no real power. She's just a figurehead. I think she servers her purpose as a national ambassador, charity worker and link with our history. To be honest nobody is very happy with the millions of pounds the royal family suck from us tax payers each year, but we're all a bit scarred of becoming a republic because of the mess America has made of it ;D

(G ducks for cover again!)
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Harvey on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:59 am

Well I should actually retract my previous statement after reading this gem in the local rag

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunda ... 38489.html

now for the boys on this side of the pond this industrual estate is right next door to a council estate populated by supporters and members of "The Red Hand Commando" a fiercely millitant loyalist wind of the UVF, ole Jeremy Kyle would explode with joy if he went near the place.
Feck You You Feckin Fecker
Harvey
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic