New Wheel of Time

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

New Wheel of Time

Postby Muad'dib on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:14 pm

Anyone read the new one by the secondary author?
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Re: New Wheel of Time

Postby Muad'dib on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:51 am

Just finished it. I thought the new guy did a fantastic job in keeping it true to the storyline, not messing with the character's personalities, or doing any of the other things that frequently happen when a new writer takes over. In particular, the book did not necessarily create huge leaps in the action, but clarified alot of the weird BS going on with Rand, and gave you a sense that something was happening and would happen.

I give it a good, and certainly better then several of the endless middle books that just made you feel like you were trapped watching 100 hours of the View with a bunch of middle aged women who just happened to be able to do magic, but preferred to nag you.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:16 am

so... has it come back to rand, mat, and perrin then? cuz seriously. fuck all the rest of them.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby nianfong on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:16 am

cept maybe lan. when he's not busy being nynaeve's lapdog.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby nianfong on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:18 am

would I need to read the bullshit middle novels to read this one? I stopped reading halfway through path of daggers. just could not take the bitchy nagging of the women without movement in the story.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby klonk on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:25 am

...the endless middle books that just made you feel like you were trapped watching 100 hours of the View with a bunch of middle aged women who just happened to be able to do magic, but preferred to nag you.

Ha ha, spot on, perfect.
Last edited by klonk on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:41 pm

Fong, its much better. Still lots of Aes Sedai, but Rand shuts them the fuck up. Egwene is a major figure in this though, and while Mat and Perrin appear, they are still secondary. It is clear however that secondary figures are being shunted aside, and the core characters are being pulled together.

And some major things happen in the last couple of books, but I can summarize it in about two sentences by PM if you want.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:44 pm

is this story gonna be 100 novels long? christ, it's been going for 20 years now!
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:23 pm

klonk wrote:
...the endless middle books that just made you feel like you were trapped watching 100 hours of the View with a bunch of middle aged women who just happened to be able to do magic, but preferred to nag you.

Ha ha, spot on, perfect.

Yeah that shit drove me fucking bananas. It still irritates the fuck out of me just thinking about it.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:16 pm

Two more books, then its done.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic