reinstate the draft

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

reinstate the draft

Postby neijia_boxer on Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:37 am

they ought to reinstate the draft.....this way we would not have to redeploy tired troops to middle east, it would discipline our youth, create jobs, and prevent a$$holes like Nidal Malik Hasan from being in the USA military.
neijia_boxer

Re: reinstate the draft

Postby zenman on Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:04 am

I would go with that. Also heard he was afraid he'd have to fight fellow muslims. For Christ sakes, he's a psychiatrist. He wouldn't be out locking and loading!
zenman
Anjing

Postby Dmitri on Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:40 am

Are you guys kidding me?! Draft means EVERYONE goes in, which would include not only psychiatrists but also their patients. :-X And, I think the screening process will be less strict. 90% will do anything to try and avoid being drafted.
Sure, I've got a lot of "life experience" from my 26 months in the Soviet Army that I wouldn't get anywhere else (except maybe in prison), but looking back, I think (my inner taoist/buddhist is preventing me from saying "I'm sure" :)) that if I had a choice I'd rather not have gone through that shit.
I dunno.
Experience is an invaluable thing regardless, so maybe it was a good thing after all.

But one thing for sure -- there will certainly be no lack of insanity, when you force every 18 year old out there into that format. Some people just weren't meant for that shit, let me tell ya. Suicides and stuff. :-X
Last edited by Dmitri on Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:56 am

conscription is a waste of bullets.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:15 am

neijia_boxer wrote:they ought to reinstate the draft.....this way we would not have to redeploy tired troops to middle east, it would discipline our youth, create jobs, and prevent a$$holes like Nidal Malik Hasan from being in the USA military.

You can always go enlist yourself. Make sure you talk your family and loved ones into enlisting as well.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:58 am

Not to be a hippy or anything, but war sucks a fat dick.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:58 am

fat, dirty and flaccid.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:13 am

^^^ What Shawn said.

However I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of madatory social service type thing, like a massive expansion of AmeriCorps.

As an employer of some semi-skilled summer temps, I can tell you there is a marked difference between the college kids that have worked a few jobs and those who haven't that goes beyond the mere work basics like showing the hell up on time and doing an acceptible job. Nearly 100% of the kids (even after voting & drinking age this is the best I can describe their "maturity" level) who haven't ever worked before do such a poor job and create so many problems that I mark them "uneligible for rehire" if we haven't fired them by the end of summer already. And they have no clue that what they're doing or not doing is completely substandard.

(As an aside, I'm no hardass by any means, but the "everybody's a winner" bullshit directly leads to having absolutely no perspective or way to guage quality. We fired a guy who was a total fuckup, but he tried to apply for a fairly high level position because he truly thought he was doing a great job. And it wasn't like we simply let him go on working without discussing how crappy he was doing. This was not an isolated incident either - we've had so many it's a shock when we get a kid who has half a clue.)
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:24 am

neijia_boxer wrote:they ought to reinstate the draft

Uh, no. ::)
Chris Fleming

Postby neijia_boxer on Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:57 pm

Bhassler wrote:
neijia_boxer wrote:they ought to reinstate the draft.....this way we would not have to redeploy tired troops to middle east, it would discipline our youth, create jobs, and prevent a$$holes like Nidal Malik Hasan from being in the USA military.

You can always go enlist yourself. Make sure you talk your family and loved ones into enlisting as well.

i come from a military family when i was in my early 20's (now 37) I tried to join the Marines...It passed the exams at recruiting place and wanted benefits and good pay. i had a decent job already, but my dad talked me out of joining. If it comes down to joining cause of something major, i will study Chinese language and try to get a position in Homeland Security, CIA, or something. I have friends who do martial arts that are Secret service at White House and always trying to get me to join.... to get gun license, security clearance, ect. and join State Dept as security.
neijia_boxer

Postby Michael on Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:52 pm

Before considering to join the military, I suggest you watch the film Beyond Treason, which documents only a small amount of the biological, radiological, and chemical weapons experimentation that are carried out on US troops without their knowledge or consent. Hundreds of thousands of Gulf War 1 soldiers are sick or dead from Gulf War Syndrome. Some of them were never actually sent to the Middle East, but did receive injections in anticipation of leaving. How did that they end up with the same illness as those who went to war? Only one answer. Beyond Treason on google video.

Prof. Garth Nicholson gives a 53 minute lecture about biological testing during Gulf War 1 that can be watched online here or downloaded here (189 MB).

Two years ago, a Shreveport, Louisiana TV station KSLA did a report on chemtrails that touched on public knowledge of secret govt biological and chemical testing. Watch newscast on youtube. It mentioned:
There's already no shortage of unclassified weather modification programs by the government. But those who fear chemtrails could be secret biological and chemical testing on the public point to the 1977 U.S. Senate hearings which confirmed 239 populated areas had been contaminated with biological agents between 1949 and 1969. Later, the 1994 Rockefeller Report concluded hundreds of thousands of military personnel were also subjected to secret biological experiments over the last 60-years.

PBS NOW with Bill Moyers April 5, 2002
Secret Government is a report that includes an interview with the author of a book about 18 US citizens who were injected with plutonium by the govt without their knowledge as part of Manhattan Project tests in the 1940's.

BBC article on US Govt chemical testing on soldiers in 2002. US admits chemical weapons tests

CBS News, 2002: U.S. Admits Bio-Weapons Tests, Secretly Released Agents Into Air On U.S. Soil In 1960s
The United States secretly tested chemical and biological weapons on American soil during the 1960s, newly declassified Pentagon reports show.

A History of Secret Human Experimentation

For more examples of testing on soldiers, take a look at the basic info here Project Shad.

The US government does conduct secret medical tests on its citizens:
PUBLIC LAW 95-79 [P.L. 95-79] TITLE 50, CHAPTER 32, SECTION 1520 "CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL WARFARE PROGRAM" "The use of human subjects will be allowed for the testing of chemical and biological agents by the U.S. Department of Defense, accounting to Congressional committees with respect to the experiments and studies." "The Secretary of Defense [may] conduct tests and experiments involving the use of chemical and biological [warfare] agents on civilian populations [within the United States]." -SOURCE- Public Law 95-79, Title VIII, Sec. 808, July 30, 1977, 91 Stat. 334. In U.S. Statutes-at-Large, Vol. 91, page 334, you will find Public Law 95-79. Public Law 97-375, title II, Sec. 203(a)(1), Dec. 21, 1982, 96 Stat. 1882. In U.S. Statutes-at-Large, Vol. 96, page 1882, you will find Public Law 97-375.

Instead of joining the US military, just do medical testing in a major city. You'll be paid better and you'll have a better idea of what's being given to you.

Jones Report Jan. 8, 2008 by Aaron Dykes
Michael

Return to Off the Topic