The Evil of Catholicism (example)

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

The Evil of Catholicism (example)

Postby Bill on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:31 pm

Miguel Lopez, largely paralyzed from the chest down, lies in his bed at home on November 9, 2009 in Denver, Colorado. Lopez, a Mexican immigrant whose three children were born in the United States and are American citizens, broke his neck last summer while playing with his daughters on a backyard trampolene. Formerly a construction worker, Lopez had no health insurance when the accident occurred. He receives home health care visits from Dominican Sisters Home Health Agency, a non-profit that performs some 25,000 home visits each year in the Denver area. It provides free home nursing care to patients with chronic diseases, helps them to better manage their disabling illnesses and provides custodial services with the aim of keeping patients in their homes and out of more expensive nursing home care.

This sort of thing goes on constantly, in all areas of the world, in the Catholic Church.
Catholic Charities is the largest non-government provider of health care and charity in the world.

What further proof of their evil nature do you need?? :-*
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Re: The Evil of Catholicism (example)

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:38 pm

Bill, people don't want to see the good things in what they want to believe is bad.

People still bring up the inquisition when speaking of the Catholic church as if it were still a valid talking point and we know it's not.

Me and religious threads don't go together, but I agree, there is a lot of good works done in the name of religious institutions.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:49 pm

I've even heard that Baptists do some good things. Could be just a rumor, though.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby BruceP on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:00 pm

JC talked about not letting the right hand know what the left hand was doing...in Mathew he taught the parable of the old lady giving her last shekels to the church with no fanfare or ado.

Not slamming any organized religion, btw, but something about doing good works in secret seemed to be the theme.

I'm not a religious man, but I read a few versions of the book. Dunno the veracity of the claims, but JC's teachings make a lot of sense; live and let live, don't judge, don't hate, don't lie steal or cheat. Don't kill and don't help with harmful methods. Do good works and pray in secret...like that. Don't look for him in church 'cause he's not there - he's in the prisons and hospitals, the alleyways and dens of iniquity - where folks need his love the most.
Last edited by BruceP on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Indeed shooter, you understand the text correctly by my understanding.

JC is in the darkest places, in the most hurting places, in the places where JC is needed most.

To be likened to JC, that's where we must be as well. Big job and I hacve nothing but appreciation for those who walk that path. Or any like it. It's a damn hard walk... no pun intended. :)
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:30 pm

Absolute douchebaggery. Certainly the man should be allowed to die naturally and the church is only keeping him alive for purposes of propaganda. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Bill, something must be done.
Michael

Postby Methods on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Thats cool stuff - kill em all...joking!

This is a perfect example of how the Catholic initiated practice "te", there are many examples throughout organized religion but in the Christian orthodox Catholics are the only ones that actually see it as a practice. Catholicism gets a bad rap but Im a big fan, just dont believe in it.
TAOISTCALENDARS.ORG
Methods
Wuji

Postby internalenthusiast on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:20 pm

thanks for posting, bill.

my thoughts, and prayers (such as i know how to make them) are with him, as they are with anyone who is in such a painful situation.

JC's teachings make a lot of sense; live and let live, don't judge, don't hate, don't lie steal or cheat. Don't kill and don't help with harmful methods. Do good works and pray in secret...like that. Don't look for him in church 'cause he's not there - he's in the prisons and hospitals, the alleyways and dens of iniquity - where folks need his love the most.

yes, i agree completely. and i haven't gone to church regularly since i was 14. even then it was at the wish of my parents.

but, bless any who give, free of heart. it's what i think life is about, in the end.

sometimes, i think i must have had a guardian angel. and certainly i have been saved, by people who care.

peace to all...
internalenthusiast
Great Old One

Postby Craig on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:37 pm

"but JC's teachings make a lot of sense; live and let live, don't judge, don't hate, don't lie steal or cheat. Don't kill and don't help with harmful methods. " my impression was that most religions in the world teach exactly this as their core teaching. The problem seems to come when people get the idea that anyone who doesnt follow their religion is suddenly void from all this and must burn as an infidel. I dont get how they can possibly come to that conclusion, but then again I am not familiar with all religious texts and I imagine there is certainly a lot of room for interpretation.
Craig
Great Old One

Postby internalenthusiast on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:48 pm

without trying to pass judgment: this is why i do not belong to a specific religion.

i believe in how we should try to treat each other. not in a "specific religion."

how we treat each other, is i believe, very important.

in my personal understanding, i think this is what JC and others are getting at.

very best...
Last edited by internalenthusiast on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
internalenthusiast
Great Old One

Postby zenman on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:56 pm

This is one of many trampoline accidents/deaths I've seen when I was working in the ER. If you got one get rid of the damn thing.
zenman
Anjing

Postby internalenthusiast on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:59 pm

i had a high school friend who broke his back on a trampoline.

sweet guy, and lead guitar in our band.

seeing him in traction all those months was sad.
internalenthusiast
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:54 am

zenman wrote:This is one of many trampoline accidents/deaths I've seen when I was working in the ER. If you got one get rid of the damn thing.

All kids in the UK have one of these damn things in the back garden now, or so it seems. Doesn't side netting make them safer?
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:53 am

Side netting keeps you from falling off, but you can still do a lot of spine damage just from bouncing up and down and landing on something other than your feet. If you try a front one and a quarter with a half twist to land on your back and over rotate and land on your C-7, you might get a headache and you might fracture a vertebrae. People in good physical health really aren't that fragile, but because of nutrition problems and many other factors, most people are not so robust any more.
Michael

Postby GrahamB on Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:59 am

I met a girl once who was paralysed from waist down. She wasn't in a chair except when she played basket ball (on the UK Olympic team at one point) - she walked on crutches, kind of swinging each leg forward in turn. She'd been paraylsed in an accident that involved jumping off a rock into the sea while on holiday. Not from very high either - it was just the impact with the water that did it. Loads of other people were doing it, and were all fine, but there must have been something about her or the way she hit the water...

All life involves risk I guess.

My main beef with trampolines is that it turns kids into screaming monsters, which is very annoying, especially when the neighbour's kids are doing it late into the evening and you're trying to get a 2 year old to sleep next door.... GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR!
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic