Bush backer pens pro-Obama, Trinity Church book

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Bush backer pens pro-Obama, Trinity Church book

Postby Michael on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:02 am

An interesting article from Karl Schwarz about US engineered bio weapons and how it fits into the poultry industry. It's long, but completely documented and a very good read. Certainly, the Rev. Wright isn't the only one talking about the US Govt doing such things, and Mr. Schwarz doesn't shy away from using his 1st Amendment rights to criticize the gubmint.
Michael

Postby MikeC on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:51 am

Steve James wrote:What did Wright say bad about the "white man." Or, it this the same "lie" that gets repeated.

Lots of people have said bad things about "America" and the way "America" behaves in the world. Listen to public radio, any day of the week. Part of it, at least part of the reason someone like Wright might say "God damn America" is that "sometimes" because of the people who are in power "America" has done things its people (white, black, yellow, red and brown) should not be particularly proud of.

He's said worse than 'God Damn America'. You've seen the Rev. Wright clip no?

Talking about "white people" is only seen as racist because "white people" aren't used to be talking about. Black, red, brown and yellow people get talked about all the time. I.e., how they act, the conditions they live under, their ability to learn; shucks, there are still debates (among white people) about whether others are "equal" or not. Of course, if others ask that question, they're racists.

White people aren't used to being talked about? What planet do you live on? For instance, do you know how many Asians make fun of whites all the time? I work for a Japanese company and know about their attitude towards non-Japanese.

Anyway, the thread contained things that an Obama non-supporter has said about him and the Trinity Church. Why not be specific and refute what he (or Wright said). I don't mean get "bitter" or indignant; I mean refute (prove wrong) or at least challenge it. Just calling someone a racist is just whining, as if he hurt your feelings.

So if a black person puts down a white person, it's Ok right? Well, then you'll enjoy this clip:

"and they will not only attack you if point out what's going on in White America, the US of KKKA.." :-X

He hurt a lot of peoples feelings with that clip Steve. If that clip doesn't bother you then I am worried about you.

Mike
MikeC

Postby Steve James on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:16 am

I watched the clip. I've heard it all before. I haven't heard your refutation, just that you don't like it and your feelings are hurt. Sorry about that. And, your story about working for Asians and putting up with their racism towards whites is really sad. I feel sorry for you.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:32 am

i just watched the clip. the way Mike was talking about it I really expected something shocking.

god damn america for treating citizens as less than human, USA government sponsored terrorist chickens coming home to roost - what's the problem?

i wonder if Obama can really become president.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:11 am

"and they will not only attack you if point out what's going on in White America, the US of KKKA.."

He hurt a lot of peoples feelings with that clip Steve. If that clip doesn't bother you then I am worried about you.

Ok, for the sakes of those whose feelings he may really have hurt with that remark: i.e., those people who have spent their lives fighting racism and the KKK, etc. But, first off, about me, what bothers me, since you asked. Well, when people talk about how blacks are more likely to be criminals, I never think they're talking about me. When people talk about the black people and their lack of interest in education or their habit of talking "ghetto" or wearing bling, I always think of the majority of black people I know who have gone to college or become self-educated and hate 'thug' culture, especially the n-word. Anyway, I don't think that those who accept the stereotypes are "racists." And, their beliefs about black people never "hurt my feelings" because those beliefs aren't true when it comes to me and mine.

Unfortunately, the KKK was invented in America by white Americans. Shucks, there are still KKK rallies, cross-burnings and marches. Does saying so make one a racist?

Anyway, I don't think that Wright's church is racist in anything like the same way. 1. They are not supremacists. 2. They believe in equality in Jesus Christ. 3. They don't believe that whites should go back to Europe. 4. They don't believe in bombings and violence, haven't blown up any churches. 5. They don't believe or want to take over the country because of some God-given, racial-historical right.

Is America "white" anyhow? Or, is it possible for it to be "white" but not "racist"? And, that the only real racists in the country are the Obamas?
Last edited by Steve James on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:31 am

Steve James wrote:I watched the clip. I've heard it all before. I haven't heard your refutation, just that you don't like it and your feelings are hurt. Sorry about that. And, your story about working for Asians and putting up with their racism towards whites is really sad. I feel sorry for you.

Ok, well Rev. Wright is a racial, hate-breeding asshole. I can't refute that one.

Even Obama has abandoned this clown. You guys should follow suit as well...

Mike
MikeC

Postby steelincotton on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:01 am

Steve James wrote:Unfortunately, the KKK was invented in America by white Americans. Shucks, there are still KKK rallies, cross-burnings and marches. Does saying so make one a racist?

Some white folks get their panties all twisted when a black man has the gall to reminds us just how horrible and tragically we've treated them in the past (and some still do today - just look at Obama's supporters in Kentucky who had to run from ignorant redneck hillbillies throwing rocks at them, shouting go home N!!!!!). I know how some white folk look at black people and think to themselves, "how dare he" or "if this was 50 years ago" or something even far worse. I still see nothing wrong with what the Rev Wright said at all. Nada. In fact, many famous people have criticized our government as bad or worse than Wright has. Jesus himself spoke out against the tyranny and hatred in the government of his time!! It's actually patriotic to do so. If you don't speak out in the face of injustice than one is but a sheep amongst wolves!

Blacks were treated like animals, and it wasn't but 50 years ago that they couldn't even use a public restroom, nevermind walk in the front door of a hotel. Rev Wright has damn good reason to say what he has said, but even moreso, he is NOT an anti-USA, or a terrorist, or a Muslim, or a race hater. He's simply a man who has suffered from the white mans stupidity and arrogance, and if he feels compelled to talk about this sometimes, then I say more power to him! Forgive them father, for they know not what they do.

Again, racists don't need much of an excuse not to vote for Obama. Any excuse will do, and the Rev Wright offers a convenient outlet for their racism to foster it's anger and evil-doing. Of course, not everyone who doesn't like Obama is a racist, but if your ONLY excuse is the Rev. Wright, I think ya'll should take a good hard long look at yourselves in the mirror and be honest that you are a racist. At least be honest with yourself.
Last edited by steelincotton on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby Michael on Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:32 am

I-mon wrote:i just watched the clip. the way Mike was talking about it I really expected something shocking.

god damn america for treating citizens as less than human, USA government sponsored terrorist chickens coming home to roost - what's the problem?

I had exactly the same reaction a couple of months ago when I first saw the clip. I was like, "And...?"

Rev. Wright has opinions and he is far from alone. If you ignore the mainstream media, these topics are common place and espoused by a large number of Americans.

I'd vote for Obama before I'd vote for Hillary (that's not saying much), but unfortunately, both of them have built-in qualities that create distractions from the real issues. I am much, much more concerned about where Obama (and Hillary) get their money and their orders than their race or gender, or their pastors. For that matter, I'm much more concerned about Obama's presence at the Bilderberg then the AIPAC meeting than I could ever be about anything Rev. Wright could possibly say.
Michael

Previous

Return to Off the Topic