Fedor Would Fight Brock for Free

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Fedor Would Fight Brock for Free

Postby grzegorz on Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:42 pm

M-1 Global VP Says Fedor Would Fight Brock Lesnar For Free

The back-and-forth about a fight between Fedor Emelianenko and Brock Lesnar continues, with the latest shot coming from M-1 Global USA vice president Jerry Millen. Millen recently stated that they would be willing to have Fedor go five rounds with Brock Lesnar for free.

"If these guys in the UFC truly wanted to fight Fedor, they'd find a way," Millen recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio. "Come to his training camp. Come to Stary Oskol, and we'll do three, five-minute rounds in the ring or the cage. We'll do it for fun.

"If you really want to fight him for competition, and it's not about the money for the guys in the UFC, then tell Brock Lesnar to jump his ass on a plane, take a train, and come to Stary Oskol. If these guys really want to fight Fedor, then come to Stary Oskol and lets get it on there for no money."

Many UFC officials, including President Dana White, have mocked Fedor for not signing with the UFC because they say he is trying to keep his nearly flawless MMA record in check by not fighting tough competitors like Lesnar. Fedor’s camp says the statement is not true, citing the UFC organization as the problem.

http://www.lowkick.com/Other/M-1-Global ... r-For-Free
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Fedor Would Fight Brock for Free

Postby Chris Fleming on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:46 am

Wow that's really passive aggressive. Pro fighters fight for money. There's no point other than that when you weigh the risks of fighting. Saying "just come to Russia" is no different than the occasional internet challenges that happen here.
Last edited by Chris Fleming on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Fleming

Postby jasonf on Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:32 am

I totally disagree with all this hero worship around Fedor, he and his team has made a clear decision not to fight against the the best fighters in the world. Even Arlovski had fallen below top 5 when he left the UFC...In PRIDE he was fighting the best in the world CroCop, Nogueira...look what happened to CroCop in the UFC.
After the last Fedor fight the announcer said "I don't know who is happier about this win, Fedor or his entourage" it looks like this guy has a lot of leeches around him who understand that if he looses to someone their bubble might burst.
Beating second tier fighters for the next few years isn't going to solidify Fedor as one of the greatest in my mind and I really don't put any blame on the UFC for that, Fedors handlers are clearly the ones with cash as their main objective.
jasonf
Huajing

Postby Chris Fleming on Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:46 am

Yeah there's a recent radio interview with Floyd Mayweather and a boxing expert who really knows the history and sport of boxing. The main question asked to Floyd was why he doesn't take tough challenges. While I don't entirely agree with everything the interviewer said, Floyd's main argument is that he is the greatest because he is 40-0. The expert then brought up some fighter and said "do you know who that is? He's 49-0." thus making the point that a great legacy isn't built simply on a fight record.

While no one can take away the many tough fights that Fedor has done and the legacy that he will have, it seems that he is playing it a little on the safe side. On one hand, I can understand following the Art of War principles of only fighting battles you can win, but on the other hand, this is a combat sport basically set up to see who is the best. Guys like Fedor and Floyd are already rich, already champions, so it definitely seems like, in the case of Fedor, the handlers are working him for the money.
Chris Fleming

Postby Steve James on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:13 am

Well, it seems that Floyd will have to fight Manny to settle things. As for Fedor, I tend to agree that there's a bit too much hero-worship hype. He's a great fighter, certainly. But, just like Crocop (or Kimbo, Liddell, Rampage and Lesnar...), anybody can get rocked or beat. It was/is the same in boxing and always has been. Only one heavyweight managed to leave unbeaten and un-broke, and it took a plane accident to insure that. Anyway, I'd love to see Fedor and Lesnar go at it; and it'll probably happen because of the payday. The only thing is that Fedor will have to come to the UFC. If he had to come up through the ranks to get a shot, it might be (like Crocop) too much of a risk. He'd have to have at least one match against a top contender (how about Mir !) before ... Then again, it's all about the rent.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:21 am

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:02 am

A man has got to do what a man has got to do.
He'd hand Brock his ass anyway.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:10 am

grzegorz wrote:A man has got to do what a man has got to do.
He'd hand Brock his ass anyway.

Well apparently Brock Lesnar is really sick right now with mono and something else that is undisclosed. He was originally supposed to fight next saturday but that got postponed until January and now his January date is postponed as well.

I will say that if Fedor is serious about fighting for Free he should also be willing to come to the US or meet in a neutral country where both would have to travel like the UK.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:27 am

I dunno, I think it's Mr. White and the money/politics issues.
I disagree that their offer was "passive-aggressive" -- he's at least offering to do fight, bypassing the money/politics, just to see who's better. What's wrong with that?

I also don't think HE has any "hero" issues, I'm sure he understands very well that he can and possibly will be beaten one day. Hell, "technically" he did lose once already. So what.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:32 pm

What's wrong with it is Fedor's management knows damn well that Brock won't be getting on a plane and then a train and then a horse guided by a sherpa to come to Russia to get a chance to fight Fedor. It won't happen. No chance. So it's reeeeeeeeeeeeeal easy to make such an offer and then saying, "see, he doesn't really want to fight ME". It's like demanding that you come out to where I am to fight me and act like YOU are avoiding me if you don't. Saying "well I offered to meet him" is passive aggressive.
Chris Fleming

Postby grzegorz on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:05 pm

Chris Fleming wrote:What's wrong with it is Fedor's management knows damn well that Brock won't be getting on a plane and then a train and then a horse guided by a sherpa to come to Russia to get a chance to fight Fedor. It won't happen. No chance. So it's reeeeeeeeeeeeeal easy to make such an offer and then saying, "see, he doesn't really want to fight ME". It's like demanding that you come out to where I am to fight me and act like YOU are avoiding me if you don't. Saying "well I offered to meet him" is passive aggressive.

The UFC and Dana have been talking trash about Fedor for a long time.

Fedor is basically saying, "You can talk the talk, let's see if you can walk the walk."

Fedor is calling them out saying you can come fight me anytime you want you know where to find me.

If Dana really believes that Fedor is a crap fighter now he can put his money where his mouth is.

Also I wouldn't call any MMA fighter rich. Well off maybe, but compared to Mayweather it's peanuts.

Btw, that Crocop example is just one fighter who fought in both Pride and the UFC.

What about Norgeuira?

Vanderlei?

Rampage?

Lidell?

Dan Henderson?

Shogun?

Ninja?

Coleman?

and a list of others...

Crocop lost his fights because he was a one trick pony. Damn good at that trick but it stopped working for him.

Hero worship maybe? But what what about UFC worship? Not sure why people think the UFC is the end all be all of MMA organizations.

Cung Le doesn't fight for the UFC does that mean he's a fake?
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Muad'dib on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:45 pm

Dude, the UFC is the problem. I know this for a fact. I just can't say why.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:25 pm

"Fedor is basically saying, "You can talk the talk, let's see if you can walk the walk."

Pro fighting doesn't work that way. This isn't some BT vs Fan the Fatman internet challenge.

"Fedor is calling them out saying you can come fight me anytime you want you know where to find me."

Once again, pro fighting doesn't work that way. Brock going out to Russia for some challenge match turns it from a pro fight to a street match. I agree, fighters should be able to fight all over the world against anyone to see who truly is the best. However, that's not how pro fighting works. Some of you guys have played too much Street Fighter II.

"If Dana really believes that Fedor is a crap fighter now he can put his money where his mouth is."

Um. I believe he did. Fedor wouldn't sign because of his management.
Last edited by Chris Fleming on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Fleming

Postby grzegorz on Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:05 pm

Professional? No.

But I'd hardly call it being passive-aggressive.

Fedor (and Trump) own a large part of Strike force.

Why would Fedor go to the UFC if they can't offer him more money?

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. It's not as if MMA fighters have a good retirement package.

I respect Fedor for putting it on the line. If he lost to Brock he really would like the ultimate chump.

Also the no money thing shoots down your argument that money is the only thing Fedor and his guys are after.

We never heard Rickson invite Sak to his gym.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby jasonf on Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:50 pm

grzegorz wrote:Btw, that Crocop example is just one fighter who fought in both Pride and the UFC.

What about Norgeuira?

Vanderlei?

Rampage?

Lidell?

Dan Henderson?

Shogun?

Ninja?

Coleman?

and a list of others...

Crocop lost his fights because he was a one trick pony. Damn good at that trick but it stopped working for him.

Hero worship maybe? But what what about UFC worship? Not sure why people think the UFC is the end all be all of MMA organizations.

Cung Le doesn't fight for the UFC does that mean he's a fake?

I think these examples just prove the point, Shogun, Dan Henderson, Vanderlei, Rampage...Have all lost in the UFC! Cung Le is a great fighter to watch, but do you think he's a favorite against UFC champion Anderson Silva?
I can't believe that Fedor's guys can throw this whole, "you fly to Russia and we can fight for free" BULLSHIT (this will never happen for a hundred reasons, contracts, lawsuits, liability...) out there and people are eating it up as fact that Fedor is right and the UFC is wrong.
Fedor is a great fighter, but he is choosing not to fight the best in the world.
jasonf
Huajing

Next

Return to Off the Topic