'Clash of the Titans' remake!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: 'Clash of the Titans' remake!

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:41 pm

And harry hamlin could be beaten in an acting contest by a brick of cheddar cheese, a rubber ball and a hammer, respectively.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Well, any movie has to choose which version of a myth to use and has to also add or take away other myths. Some lend themselves more to a movie than others. A new Labors of Hercules would be cool, but then they'd have to deal with him killing his wife and kids --so it might not be PG. (Come to think of it, most of the myths are at least an R. I mean... you can't even talk about Zeus without mentioning rape and adultery in the same breath). Otoh, if you clean them up too much, then you murder some of their meaning ... the reason why the Greeks and Romans told themselves and their children the stories in the first place.

Ok, a bit off-topic, but I was thinking about this in class today. The Greeks lamented the lack of memory they saw was happening because of books. Nobody had to remember the stories. At the same time, literacy enabled people to save knowledge in ways they couldn't before. Ultimately, it was the predominant form. Today, I lament that the kids don't read enough. But, that's at least partly because there are new ways to spread information. Even online, much of it is audio-visual and not written. So, we might have to deal with the fact that this will be the way we have to learn to teach because that is the (only) way many of our kids learn. If they learn from films, that's cool. How about somebody doing Ovid's Metamorphosis using many different stars?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:25 am

Felipe Bidó wrote:I don't have too much faith in it.

I guess they will add some explosions...no mechanic owl...

Pegasus is a bit gay, so he has to throw fire, or something...lol

:D
i vote
for Pegasus throwin` fire from his bottom
this will be 1st jet fly from antic to hollywood ;)
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic