newest numbers on h1n1 - no surprise

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

newest numbers on h1n1 - no surprise

Postby meeks on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:00 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34046753/ns/health-cold_and_flu/

The new swine flu, also called 2009 H1N1, has not turned out to be the deadly global disaster that experts have long feared. But it has sickened an estimated 22 million Americans, hospitalized about 98,000 and killed 4,000. It has proved to be similar to seasonal flu but a much bigger threat to children and young adults.

4000/22,000,000 = 0.00018% mortality
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Re: newest numbers on h1n1 - no surprise

Postby fuga on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:47 pm

It has been passing through my kid's first grade class hitting more than half the kids. The one that required hospitalization has asthma and a pre-existing heart condition. Most kids are out for two or three days and then back to nonstop mischief. It does seem to be much ado about nothing.

-pete
fuga
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:16 pm

Same thing in my wife's middle school class. A whole bunch of kids got the swine and they are all back in class some days later.
Chris Fleming

Postby Michael on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:32 pm

Tell your friends, family, and everyone so they can avoid the swine flu shot, which is much more dangerous than the disease itself.
Michael

Postby meeks on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:17 pm

I know a guy whose wife and son both received the h1n1 flu shot and he refused - 3 days later they had the flu - he didn't. May be anecdotal but I'd say the 'shot' is a money scam.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Michael on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:29 pm

I agree it's definitely a money scam for the sales, then the pharmaceutical companies get indemnity and immunity from lawsuits because the government invoked flu emergency protocols, and finally, the detrimental ingredients in the shot itself, such as mercury, squalene, live cancer viruses, etc., ensure that you become a customer for life to the medical- big pharma establishment.
Michael

Postby Dr.Rob on Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:53 am

When we did the Pandemic Planning at my work for this we used the Aussie numbers...which basically said that. WHO basically said that...so I agree it was a marketing genius who lied yet again. Pitchfork time!

I got it, my 2 boys got it, all the healthcare staff I work with got it.

But intrestingly enough people with asthma or underlying steriod use are most affected. Out of the 20 cases a day at area hospitals here, 6 are being admitted on average. All with asthma history and the use of puffers(steriods). The other point is that it seems to be directly affected by weather...(low levels of UV...inversly VitD production)...countries with poor winter light also it is reflected directly in stats of that affects children and prego women who already have low VitD production. Hence why a lot of the research is saying to increase your VitD as provention and treatment.

2c. I am not going to pull up the research, try the net.

SARS was suppose to kill millions...167 died.

Had to add this..."This information is critical to evaluating the effectiveness of current and future public health interventions, which could be used in the event that a 1918-like strain reemerges, either naturally or through deliberate release. " http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/1918flupandemic.htm
Last edited by Dr.Rob on Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:06 pm

Dr.Rob wrote:
SARS was suppose to kill millions...167 died.

exactly. swine flu is the new SARS.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:04 pm

meeks wrote:I know a guy whose wife and son both received the h1n1 flu shot and he refused - 3 days later they had the flu - he didn't. May be anecdotal but I'd say the 'shot' is a money scam.

one might call it... a money shot? ;D
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Buddy on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:32 pm

I had it. It felt like a bad cold, is all. A lot of scare mongering to sell the Obammunistic con job they are calling health care. Big gubment disguised as "Yes, we can."
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:37 pm

Buddy wrote:I had it. It felt like a bad cold, is all. A lot of scare mongering to sell the Obammunistic con job they are calling health care. Big gubment disguised as "Yes, we can."

Naw man, just listen to Obama. Take the blue pill. LOL

Chris Fleming

Postby roger hao on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:29 am

We need to begin correllating increasing Zombie population
to those that had the Flu shot.
roger hao

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:57 am

There could be a connection! I'm hiding at Roger's house. You got a spare room, right? Sofa? Treehouse? 8-)
Michael

Return to Off the Topic