Incredible Hulk

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Incredible Hulk

Postby Dmitri on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:29 am

Just watched it last night. I thought it was very good; same quality as the 'Iron Man' (which I hope you have seen by now, otherwise you'll miss the fun of the "bonus scene" at the very end. ;D)

The only wish I have is that they'd cast Jennifer Connelly in THIS one, instead of the previous one... :'( That's just me, I really like her (and I'm not a big fan of Liv Tyler), but she did OK, and it wasn't such a major role anyway, so not a big deal. The rest of the cast was great.

Dunno if they're preparing for a sequel (looks like it), but if the same people make another one like this, I'm going.

All in all, -- good times. 8-)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Re: Incredible Hulk

Postby Harvey on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:16 am

no they're setting up for an Avengers movie

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0032696/

looks like Marvel have every single franchise they can squeeze out, gawd bless 'em not like DC
Feck You You Feckin Fecker
Harvey
Great Old One

Postby bruce on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:26 am

i loved it ... strak ... ironman ... hulk ... next movie awesome ...
bruce
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:22 am

Haven't seen it, but Jennifer Connely has it all over Liv Tyler so too bad.
Michael

Postby ashe on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:17 pm

jennefir connely?

you guys are out of your mind.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:11 pm

Hated the CGI in the trailers so it's a pass for me. If I wanted cartoons I'd watch adultswim.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:35 pm

Imo, I liked it; but this movie is more like the tv series than the comics.
Well, except for the "Hulk SMASH" and stuff. There should have been more of that.
I don't think that the cgi was particularly well done. But, that's ok. I saw it with my son, who has seen Iron Man. He said that IM was better, but that this was good.

Oh, btw, there is a plan for The Avengers or another kind of Marvel universe flick to come out. Man, that's gonna be one pricey project. Someone also mentioned DC. They're thinking about a Justice League movie, but they just haven't developed a character array. They have to release Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash in separate movies first --in the opinion of many.

Personally, I think Marvel characters are way more interesting. Yet, most of the audience for these flicks are interested in action, not character. (Me too, before 35; but I'm jaded now).
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:53 pm

I thought it was great. I liked it a little better than ironman although the cgi isn't as good. Norton and Tyler were both believable as scientists. The filming done in brasil was great to see. There was s.h.i.e.l.d in ironman but was there a reference to nick fury at the beginning of hulk? Also did anyone notice the creation of 'the leader'? That's the sequel.
One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:03 pm

I noticed the refs to N. Fury. But, ya think that Blue will become the leader?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:14 pm

Dmitri, did the hulk's jeans grow with him like in the last one?
Ian

Postby Steve James on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:23 pm

He got the ones with elastic waistbands :).

But, this was a problem even in the comics. I mean... have to have something covering his Hulk.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:44 pm

Can't show him with his gargantuan, textured, green, pulsating, alien cucumber swinging about.

Makes the rest of us look bad.
Last edited by Ian on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian

Postby Craig on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:43 am

Steve James wrote:They're thinking about a Justice League movie, but they just haven't developed a character array. They have to release Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash in separate movies first --in the opinion of many.

I have heard rumours about the cast for Justice League being strapped from the Smallville series (which has guest starred Green Arrow, Aquaman and Flash already, and they hint towards it in the series). Dunno how this would work but i was a fan of smallville
Craig
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:40 am

Ian wrote:Dmitri, did the hulk's jeans grow with him like in the last one?

Yeah, that bugged me... but like Steve said, that's an inherent problem with the original also.
OTOH, we probably shouldn't be asking for too much realism there, eh? :)

Yeah I wasn't too crazy about the CGI either, but it wasn't too bad. The rest of it was good cinema I thought -- character development, etc.

Forgot to mention one detail -- at the beginning, while in Brazil, Norton gets coached and slapped around (literally) by none other than Rickson Gracie, who is helping him control his "temper". How freakin' cool is that!! 8-)
Last edited by Dmitri on Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:36 pm

Can't show him with his gargantuan, textured, green, pulsating, alien cucumber swinging about.

Makes the rest of us look bad.

us?
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Next

Return to Off the Topic