Steven Seagal gets to play cop

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Steven Seagal gets to play cop

Postby Andy_S on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:28 am

LOL - great piece of reportage.

Seagal clearly eats his own bullshit. A pal of mine (a big and fat but friendly knacker) was in a Tokyo hotel about a decade ago when he saw someone giving him a hardman stare. (I repeat: This is in the lobby of a 5-star hotel, not a backstreet crack pit). He returns the stare and (Andy_S adroitly adopts Seagull's street vernacular):

Who he?

He Seagull! He one bad ass!

What a tosser. Would love to see this just to see the ever-modest ponytail and his PR rozzers handing out sage advice to local 'hos, pimps 'n perps. And of course, the possibility of Seagull getting whacked by a real player is highly enticing. Brilliant TV.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:27 am

hmmm. Lot's of time, lots of money, an affection for firearms. Usually you can get your skill up if you have these things.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:36 am

I watched a lot of it last night and it is pretty hilarious stuff. Ego? yeah. mixed with "wisdom"? somewhat actually. lots of ridiculous yet somehow appropriate talk of "Zen"? yes. Too much talk of "martial arts" and "harmony"? yup.

I don't know how good I'd get at shooting with enough money and time. They maybe picked the worst shot for a "lesson" from him but Seagal attempted to shoot the same hole every time, saying it should result in no bigger than a quarter sized hole - it ended up a bit larger, maybe 4x4 quarter. The other guy was within a dart-board sized range and visibly just not as calm ("Zen" word again). Then Seagal shoots some q-tips and tries to light a match - he shoots the tip off but doesn't light it. Maybe there were 1,000 takes for that, but pretty good shooting, it seemed (I don't shoot). The cheeseball thing about push the bullet out did seem sensible at the same time as being cheesy.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:17 am

Be one with the target, my friend, one with the target...
and you will hit the mark every time. -oldman-

Doc ;)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:21 am

Doc Stier wrote:Be one with the target, my friend, one with the target...

Wouldn't you end up shooting yourself though?
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:46 am

lol this thread does make me want to try some shooting, some archery or at least some darts maybe (with some beer first)
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Felipe Bidó on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:43 pm

Doc Stier wrote:Be one with the target, my friend, one with the target...
and you will hit the mark every time. -oldman-

Doc ;)

Well, I want that picture
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:01 pm

everything wrote:lol this thread does make me want to try some shooting, some archery or at least some darts maybe (with some beer first)

Do Tell

“(11 April 2000, Kentucky, USA) Larry and his friend Silas decided to reenact the William Tell scene where the famous archer is forced to test his prowess by shooting an apple off his son's head. But instead of apples, they used a beer can, which was closer to hand. You might suspect that the pair were teenagers, but in fact they were grown men of 47. Larry put the beer can on his head and urged Silas to shoot. But Silas missed the can, fatally wounding his lifelong friend Larry on Tuesday night. Authorities said the men had been drinking, and that the shooting was not prompted by an earlier altercation in the parking lot.”

ImageImage
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:18 pm

Did he win a Darwin Award honorary mention? I think the actual award has to be from killing yourself, not your friend (hence taking the stupid genes out of the gene pool) but in this case maybe that happened.
everything
Wuji

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:09 pm

Just finished watching the first two episodes.

The cops on the show give Seagal a lot of respect. He is a very good shot, his group was much tighter than 4x4. I liked it. I do think he doesn't look very healthy though.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby fisherman on Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:46 am

Yeah - he might be indulging in a bit too much of that good cooking in Jefferson Parrish! It'd be hard to pass that up though, I wouldn't blame him.
fisherman
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic