18 more months and 30,000 more troops

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: 18 more months and 30,000 more troops

Postby bailewen on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:11 am

As for the wiki, it's not that inaccurate. If you wanted to field an argument that the USA began arab terrorism, there is enough there to trash that perspective pretty quickly.

Erm....Afghansitan is not an Arab country. :P

We may not have given birth to "muslim" terrorism but we certainly created the Taliban. As Michael said, the fact that we funded, trained and equiped them is not a secret anymore. That's old news to us US citizens: http://www.slate.com/id/2102243/

That article is from 2004 but some of us can remember stuff from the old pre-cable nightly news talking about how Bin Laden was helping us to fight the soviets. If you prefer Canadian news sources:

http://exopoliticsnews.wordpress.com/20 ... -identity/

Michael just sort of overstepped his claim I think by saying we created "muslim terrorists" because you are right in that that really started with the British and with Israel. Goes back to British Petroleum in the 50's IMO. The Taliban thing though...all American cold war leftovers.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... a&aid=7746
Osama Bin Laden

Osama bin Laden, America's bogyman, was recruited by the CIA in 1979 at the very outset of the US sponsored jihad. He was 22 years old and was trained in a CIA sponsored guerilla training camp.

During the Reagan administration, Osama, who belonged to the wealthy Saudi Bin Laden family was put in charge of raising money for the Islamic brigades. Numerous charities and foundations were created. The operation was coordinated by Saudi intelligence, headed by Prince Turki al-Faisal, in close liaison with the CIA. The money derived from the various charities were used to finance the recruitment of Mujahieen volunteers. Al Qaeda, the base in Arabic was a data bank of volunteers who had enlisted to fight in the Afghan jihad. That data base was initially held by Osama bin Laden.

And just for kicks...lol...a picture of President Reagan in a White House meeting with his "freedom fighters" the Muhajadeen:

Last edited by bailewen on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:26 am

Holy Crap!...just digging around trying to find a pic of Reagan and Bin Laden shaking hands (I know I've seen that pic somewhere) I stumbled onto this little beauty:

http://www.stewwebb.com/Tom%20Bin%20Lad ... 20Firm.jpg

We sold Bin Laden a Russian fusion bomb?!? I need to read it over more slowly because I admit that the language confuses me but it seems like back in 2001 we were convinced that Bin Laden had Anthrax samples and a fusion bomb in his possession and the deal somehow involved both Somalia and Iraq.

Somebody read this damn thing and explain exactly what it shows?
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:31 am

funding and training didn't create the intention.
It facilitated an intention that already existed.

the British exploited the fall of the ottoman empire and created hostilities in the doing of that.
with their dissolving of the Mandate of Palestine and the subsequent creation of Israel, more ill will was fomented.

It finally transformed and the first case of modern terrorism came from the PLO with other groups coming into being following the 1967 Arab/Israeli war and the continued conflict in the region.

I've been watching this stuff for my entire life. I have little respect for the fundy islamist ideology and subsequently have less respect for all fundamentalist thinking. It is clearly flawed. Be it political or religious, it is flawed.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:36 am

Al Qaeda is a name the CIA came up with, it is supposed to mean 'Joint effort' or some such.

The chickens came home to roost.

One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:55 am

As Ian mentioned, Al Queada is the name of the computer database for the muhjahadin fighters from the late seventies through the 90's funded and trained by Americans. In Arabic, it means "base". Database. Base.
Michael

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:15 am

NO it doesn't mean database. that's a hoax and anyone who speaks arabic can debunk that quickly for you.

It means the foundation a solid base. It was formed so as to not lose momentum in the resistance to the soviets.
Yes, they were trained, funded and facilitated by US forces, but also, a lot of money came from Bin Laden himself.

Al Quaeda might have been helped when they were convenient partners, but they certainly aren't some american cabal and covert wing of the cia operating on commands from Langley and to think so is absurd even if you just scratch past the surface.

The Cook report was wrong and has been shown to be a load of bunk as far as the database comment goes.
But Cook is dead now, so it will get played out to death in CT forums I suppose.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:29 am

bailewen wrote:http://www.stewwebb.com/Tom%20Bin%20Lad ... 20Firm.jpg

Somebody read this damn thing and explain exactly what it shows?

I fear the fate of the free world may be at stake, so I have transcribed yonder "recaptcha" fax :)
=============================================================================
September 25, 2001

The Honorable John Ashcroft
Attorney General of the United States
United States Department of Justice
Washington, D.C.

4 pages personal and confidential for immediate delivery to the attorney general

VIA FACSIMILE: 1-202-307-6777

Re: Osama bin Laden, biological weapons of mass destruction, Frank B. Ingram, Security Identification Number SA32NV (US Treasury); Rick Reynolds, Security Identification Number SA233MS (US Treasury) and Ambassador Leo E. Wanta, a.k.a. Lee E. Wanta, and American Operative, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, DPP#-04362 & 12535

Dear Attorney General Ashcroft:

I am writing this letter as part of the legal team representing Ambassador Leo Wanta ("Wanta"). Reading the following summary and brief overview should give you some insight into the relevance of the reference to Osama bin Laden, others referenced above, and an incidence of substantial injustice.

1. Since on or before 1985, Wanta has been an American intel-operative with duties and responsibilities to implement directives from the White House under the National Security Directive 86:66 and/or 69, President Reagan Executive Order, and the Rogers-Houston Memorandum. As part of the implementation of the directives from the White House Wanta became Ambassador to Canada and Switzerland from Somalia in 1993. The official investiture of Wanta by Somalia President Haji Mohammed Haili Hashi occurred in Paris, France in 1993.

2. Base of operations for Wanta to carry out his Executive Office directives were in Vienna, Singapore (?), and Budapest. GAO monitored and received required reports on all use of funds and financial transactions. In April of 1993, Price Waterhouse Hong Kong offices were retained and conducted an audit of Wanta government dealings as part of the implementations of the USA-KOK-WANTA 1992 fully executed tax treaty to go into affect in June of 1995. Wanta had an individual United States Department of the Treasury identification number for the repatriation of foreign assets.

3. In the time period of 1986 to 1991, Wanta was orchestrating the recovery of General Dynamics Stinger missiles from Afghanistan. During this same time period, he was dealing directly with Northern Afghanistan rebels including Osama bin Laden and other individuals now identified as part of terrorist cells. As part of his dealings with these people there were financial transactions where deposits and sources of funds were traced and monitored. Records are still available.

4. During the same 1988 to 1991 time period, Wanta was investigating and tracing producers of Anthrax, Red Mercury 20/20, and U.S.S.R. fusion bomb along with other matters, This investigations included locating supply sources, tracing distribution routes and monitoring financial transactions with buyers. Specifically, Wanta was involved in the disruptions of the Red Mercury 20/20 laboratory in Morges, Switzerland operated by Dr. John Lutz. In addition, he monitored and reported to authorities the transport of Anthrax from the U.S.S.R. and Bulgaria to Trieste, the main port of Iraq.

The investiture of Wanta as Ambassador from Somalia to Canada and Switzerland was facilitated and agreed to by the President of Somalia as part of operations to establish a lease by the United States Air Force for the main Somalia airport and restoration of Somalia ports for use by the United States Navy and other friendly countries. Additionally, Wanta dealings in Somalia were part of a continuing operations to maintain close intelligence information on Osama bin Laden.

[written in hand]

BLAIR & HILLARY
@ 001190 W

CMG
ROXAC
W
Michael

Previous

Return to Off the Topic