Giorgio Carbone, Prince of Seborga

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Giorgio Carbone, Prince of Seborga

Postby I-mon on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:57 pm

http://www.theage.com.au/national/obituaries/italian-prince-whose-perks-were-free-cheese-and-ham-20091206-kcs8.html

Carbone claimed the sovereignty of Seborga (population 364) from the Italian government in 1963 and his subjects gave him the title Sua Tremendita or Your Tremendousness, because he sprinkled his conversation with swear words.

More formally known as His Highness Giorgio I, Prince of Seborga, the former flower grower produced documents from the Vatican archives to prove that the village was never the property of the House of Savoy - and therefore not part of the Kingdom of Italy after 1861. He insisted that Seborga had been a sovereign state since 954, a principality from 1079, and minted its own coins after 1666.

The villagers of Seborga, which lies near the picturesque Ligurian town of Bordighera, were enchanted by Carbone's quirkiness and he won 304 of a possible 308 votes to represent them. He was re-elected in 1995.

Carbone did not draw a salary, but he could help himself to cheese and ham from the village shop without paying.
Last edited by I-mon on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I-mon
Great Old One

Re: Giorgio Carbone, Prince of Seborga

Postby Felipe Bidó on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:03 pm

"Your Tremendousness"...hmmm...one of the best titles ever...
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby qiphlow on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:37 pm

Carbone did not draw a salary, but he could help himself to cheese and ham from the village shop without paying.

as it should be for the sua tremendita.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:08 pm

I-mon wrote:the former flower grower produced documents from the Vatican archives to prove that the village was never the property of the House of Savoy - and therefore not part of the Kingdom of Italy after 1861.

I bet Tom Hanks helped him get into the underground Vatican archives. That dude knows everything about the Vatican. Seriously.
Michael

Postby cerebus on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:04 am

Awesomeness!!
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:10 am

cerebus wrote:Awesomeness!!

The term is "Tremendousness". I believe you're referring to lesser duchy of sorts situated somewhere in Germany.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic