english defence league = nazi fucks

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: english defence league = nazi fucks

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:27 am

yusuf wrote:CST, a Jewish Community group has issued the following statement :

Don’t be fooled by Islamophobia

http://thecst.org.uk/blog/?p=963

Image from SIOE website that is callign for a demo in harrow (sister organisation of the edl)

skul-mosque_bayonet

There have been many arguments as to what the word Islamophobia means; or indeed if such a word ought to even exist. Regardless of the philosophy, this image tells us everything we need to know about SIOE and Islamophobia. (Or, if you prefer, everything you need to know about anti-Muslim racism, or hatred, or bigotry).

If a Jew cannot understand why the image is racist, or hateful, or bigoted then they should try imagining it as a synagogue: with blood dripping from a Star of David; with blood dripping down the rabbi’s pulpit; and with blood dripping from the mouth of a skull that wears an Israeli army helmet.

Hey maybe the plus side to all this is that is bringing the jews and muslims together again. Hopefully it will be a lasting trend in some communities.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Re: english defence league = nazi fucks

Postby Steve James on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:32 am

To me, no, because I think that it's "American" culture (both bluegrass and blues, tap and "buck and wing", foxtrot, swing and rag. All are the products of American people within an American context. No such thing as "black" culture ... when I played cello, I wasn't doing a "white" thing. The banjo, which I've never seen a black man play since my grandad, is an African instrument that has become associated with bluegrass music. So, I think, or would argue, that Americans (of whatever shade) have adopted and adapted the customs and practices of their own and many other cultures and produced what we have today. I think "white" Brits (like the Stones) appreciated the blues as American music long before white Americans simply because of America's "racial" culture.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic