The day of treachery!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

The day of treachery!

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:20 am

So, it's Pearl Harbour Day in the states.

What goes on this day there?
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Re: The day of treachery!

Postby Michael on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:24 am

We continue with collective amnesia. What? What was that you said? I've forgotten how to operate my brain. Carry on.
Michael

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:58 am

lol. That's not true to form at all Michael! Where's your ten paragraph essay on how it was an inside job!? ;D
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:05 am

Wrong thread! And, I posted that months ago. Roosevelt knew it was coming and ensured it would happen so that the USA would have to enter WW2. That being said, lots of people died that day and later as a result of the attacks on Pearl Harbor. Rest in peace.
Michael

Postby Bill on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:36 pm

In memory of it, I will spend all day calling Japanese people 'Japs'.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:39 pm

My grandma used to do that.

My grandparents had some tremendous callousness and disregards towards other cultures and ethnicities though. I believe it was because of some event called World War 2.

Sometimes, they were downright hateful!

But they are gone now, rest in peace. :)
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:23 pm

The deaths of the civilians and military personnel on 12/7/41 were a bit more poignant than other casualties of WW2. Some of them were killed in their sleep or below decks and never knew what hit them. They didn't know it was the Japanese. They didn't know it was a war. They never knew who won. Some were 17, 18 and 19 years old.

Anyway, afa conspiracies, Roosevelt "knew" that the Japanese were declaring war on the U.S. He absolutely did things to force them to attack. They were already attacking Americans in China, not to mention the Chinese. Then again, maybe the rape of Nanking was sponsored by the Allies, too. In any case, the US was already helping the Chinese which, by definition, the Japanese took as an act of war. However, there's no evidence that anyone in the American military knew "where" the Japanese would attack. And, there was no way to know, not even with our intelligence gathering-- the Japanese pilots themselves didn't know where they would attack until they were underway. Even the 14 page document delivered to Roosevelt from the Japanese in the days before the attack never indicated where the attack might be.

Roosevelt was very interested in getting involved in the war in Europe. He had even sent part of the fleet to the Atlantic, where everyone thought the war would be fought, first. Now, some might say that he got us into it by hook or crook; but, if they're right, I really don't give a shit. I'm happy to know that "we" won that war. I think it was worth it. Maybe it was the last war that was worth it, though nothing is worth the lives of 50 million people. But, I don't know if it'd be worth living in this world if we hadn't. That's why I salute those who willingly and knowingly gave their lives ... without knowing how it would all turn out.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic