No Gays in Heaven

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

No Gays in Heaven

Postby KEND on Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:29 am

Gays and Heaven: A Cardinal Clarifies . . . Sort of
Posted: 12/7/09 the The Vatican cardinal whose comments about homosexuals being barred from heaven have sparked quite a furor has said his remarks were misrepresented. Although Cardinal Javier Lozano Barragan's clarification doesn't really get him out of the hole he dug on Wednesday, when he told a Rome news outlet that "transsexuals and homosexuals will not enter into the Kingdom of God."

Cardinal Barragan, a Mexican churchman who this year retired as the Vatican's chief spokesman on health care issues, had justified his position by noting that "I do not say this, but Saint Paul does" -- a reference to the first chapter of Paul's Letter to the Romans, when the Apostle says those who rejected God were given over to same-sex relations.

In the original interview, Barragan also got himself into trouble by saying that homosexuality is a choice, not a matter of biology, so homosexuals are responsible for their actions. In a statement sent Thursday to the conservative Catholic news service, ZENIT, the cardinal sought to set the record straight on his earlier remarks:

"This is what the Word of God says, it isn't what I said," Barragan said, referring again to Romans 1:26-27. "Now, I have never said that a particular homosexual cannot be saved, because he can be saved."

"Many times one is not a homosexual through one's own fault; it all depends on one's education and environment. . . . The only thing I can say is that for grave fault to exist, in addition to needing grave matter, one needs full knowledge and full consent: Where one of those three conditions is lacking, there is no grave fault."
Well, that clears things up.
Get the new
KEND
Great Old One

Re: No Gays in Heaven

Postby Michael on Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:43 am

As I understand it, the gay-less Heaven is the one where the chicken comes before the egg. In gay Heaven, there are only eggs, but no chickens.
Michael

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:57 am

no gays, no chickens or eggs and a lonely sibling-less Jesus.

It seems they (the vatican) won't stop until heaven is exclusively filled with RC only! lol

If you aren't RC, no heaven for you. Seems like a pretty clear message to me.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Steve Rowe on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:31 am

The trouble with saving gays is that you've nowhere to put them....
If you see someone without a smile - give 'em one of yours...
Steve Rowe
Wuji

Postby Bill on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:20 pm

Something tells me that an existence in heaven will not be a sexual one. I do not think that you will find gays or straights in heaven. That seems a very material way of looking at what heaven may offer.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:24 pm

C. S. Lewis disagrees with me. He wrote...

"In denying the sexual life in heaven....it is not of course necessary to suppose that the distinction of sexes will disappear. What is no longer needed for biological purposes may be expected to survive for splendor. Sexuality is the instrument both of virginity and conjugal virtue; neither men nor women will be asked to throw away weapons they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them. "Trans-sexual" would be a better word than "sexless" for the heavenly life."
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:27 pm

What Bill said. It's a temporal, not spiritual concern. But, it's natural to ask "Will there be marriages between men and women (or otherwise) in Heaven?" Otoh, will there be sex in Hell? (Keeping in mind that both would be for eternity).
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:30 pm

I would think that if souls exist, they are gender neutral.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:40 pm

language, mathematics and music. These are the languages used to program each and every human socially.
If there is a god, we are unable to comprehend.
If there is a heaven, we cannot comprehend that.

Everything that we cannot define with factuality, is relegated to hopes, wishes and dreams.
It is speculative at the very best to make any statement regarding heaven, hell, god or pretty much any of that.
"Belief" is only certainty within a given individual and has no bearing whatsoever on objective reality which exists with or without us.

So, what is a heaven? What is a hell? What is god?
These questions should be answered first before we start to pile up who get's to be excluded from them. ;D
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:40 pm

Bill wrote:I would think that if souls exist, they are gender neutral.

or perhaps gender transcendent might be a bit more accurate (IMO).
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:40 pm

There is no accuracy when it comes to making guesses. :)
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:06 pm

The image of heaven is a place where you praise the holiness of God in song all day (and you want to), and that's all.

No food
No sleep
No sex
No video games
No Internet
No martial arts
No animals
Etc...

There may be some opportunity to view the landscape of Heaven and marvel at it, though.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Bill wrote:I would think that if souls exist, they are gender neutral.

I dunno. Genesis seems to suggest that they will be erm...hermaphroditic? (Gen 5:2)
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:16 pm

That's just retarded Omar.
Chris Fleming

Postby Michael on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:17 pm

"Retarded Omar" ??? Doing what? LOL