Baby Soup

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Baby Soup

Postby Dmitri on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:08 pm

Sorry guys, I wish it didn't exist...
Apparently old news, too (at least several months), but this is the first time I heard about it.

Reading that was like watching a fatal car accident unfold in slow motion... it's horrible but hard to turn away.

[WARNING: EXPLICIT IMAGES AND VERY HEAVY CONTENT, CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK. DO TAKE THE THREAD TITLE LITERALLY.]

*edit* thankfully there's a good chance it is all fake (thanks Interloper), which I REALLY hope it is. :-X

http://www.theseoultimes.com/ST/?url=/S ... p?idx=7333
Last edited by Dmitri on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Re: Baby Soup

Postby ashe on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:20 pm

good god.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Joe L. on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:24 pm

I've seen some horrifying things posted on this forum, or in general, and really can't remember the last time I was nauseated over just seeing pictures of something.

But I'll be damned if that didn't do it. I'll second Ashe's statement.
"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender"
Joe L.
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:30 pm

Wow.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:10 pm

Good old Chinese Medicine. -argh-
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby fisherman on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:15 pm

What the fuck is wrong with these people! That is really god damn disgusting!
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:20 pm

fisherman wrote:What the fuck is wrong with these people! That is really god damn disgusting!

That's what mass starvation will do to a nation's pysche. Eating the Tiger into extinction pales in comparison.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby cdobe on Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:02 pm

Dmitri wrote:Sorry guys, I wish it didn't exist...
Apparently old news, too (at least several months), but this is the first time I heard about it.

Reading that was like watching a fatal car accident unfold in slow motion... it's horrible but hard to turn away.

Dmitri,

would you please edit your post and warn the readers clearly about the content and the graphic nature of the pictures they get to see, when they follow the link. I thought it was about a soup made for babies. Everyone should know beforehand, that they will get to see boiled babies. I already found it very disgusting and distasteful when Omar posted the pictures of dogs from Chinese restaurants (directly in the thread). This one must have a very clear warning.

TIA
Chris
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:10 pm

This is bogus.

I believe it goes back some way and it is the work of an artist and is completely out of context.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Joe L. on Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:21 pm

cdobe wrote:
Dmitri wrote:Sorry guys, I wish it didn't exist...

Dmitri,

would you please edit your post and warn the readers clearly about the content and the graphic nature of the pictures they get to see, when they follow the link. I thought it was about a soup made for babies. Everyone should know beforehand, that they will get to see boiled babies. I already found it very disgusting and distasteful when Omar posted the pictures of dogs from Chinese restaurants (directly in the thread). This one must have a very clear warning.

TIA
Chris

I agree, though I believe A) Saying something like ''Reading that was like watching a fatal car accident unfold in slow motion... it's horrible but hard to turn away.'' right in the post, it's fairly obvious this won't be about a soup made for babies, and B) Dmitri is usually one who is fully conscious of what and how he posts something (or so it comes off that way most times to me). I'd imagine that's one reason the pictures were not posted directly, and really again the warning is more or less obvious by what is written before hand.
"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender"
Joe L.
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:54 pm

I've learned not to watch car accidents. Some things you just can't unsee.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby cdobe on Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:20 pm

Joe L. wrote: I agree, though I believe A) Saying something like ''Reading that was like watching a fatal car accident unfold in slow motion... it's horrible but hard to turn away.'' right in the post, it's fairly obvious this won't be about a soup made for babies, and B) Dmitri is usually one who is fully conscious of what and how he posts something (or so it comes off that way most times to me). I'd imagine that's one reason the pictures were not posted directly, and really again the warning is more or less obvious by what is written before hand.

I had something in mind like a food scandal, where people make money and jeopardize the health of babies in a very bad way. The idea that there could be something like baby soup was simply outside of my imagination.

Also:

No warning about the images...

Chris
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:37 pm

Sorry Chris; you're right... This is so far past the usual "weird" we see posted here that a warning is certainly warranted.

Done.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:56 pm

I agree with Darth that it's a hoax. Looks like an incarnation of this (always check Snopes before posting bizarre things!):
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/cannibal/fetus.asp
Warning: Snopes site contains photo (faked) of man eating.... a roast duck with a doll's head attached to it...

The Seoul newspaper version (which was published for foreigners) is obviously engaging in China-bashing. Pretty sick. When I was a kid, "dead baby" jokes were part of the tasteless repertoire of school boys, but I've never seen anything quite as bizarre and disgusting as the Korean paper's handiwork.
Last edited by Interloper on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:44 pm

You know, I love snopes, and I truly hope they're right and it's fake. (Just edited the original post; thanks.)
I really do hope I'm being a gullible idiot.
But.
I did a bit of online research and there doesn't seem to be any real evidence on either side. Seoul Times doesn't seem like a cheap tabloid, and for any newspaper that's anywhere near being serious about itself to keep that sort of thing on its website would be utterly negligent and irresponsible. (Which they may well be, who knows.) Those pictures look pretty damn real to me, but I'm no photoshop expert, maybe someone with more CG skills can voice their opinion on that front?

Cannibalism and other lovely stuff isn't anything new, and there are for example sects in India that practice "ritualized necrophilia, ritualized ophiophagy or the consumption of human flesh, excessive consumption of alcohol and drugs"

However...

I'm going to wishfully-think that this baby stuff is just some mindless racist BS fake garbage -- at least until I see any substantial evidence to the contrary.

Thanks Interloper.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic