Baby Soup

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Baby Soup

Postby Dmitri on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:17 am

Someone please look up "Michael 2006 photos" on snopes. ;D
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby cdobe on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:40 am

I've had a look at the photos from the Seoul Times again. The pictures do not show puppet heads and chicken bodies. Some of the pictures clearly show human foeti. It may still be a hoax - a terrible one, because I think most of the bodies are real. The photo with the cooked baby in the bowl could be fake, but it's at least a very accurate, realistic model of a human foetus not any kind of fowl.
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby cdobe on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:52 am

Dmitri wrote:Sorry Chris; you're right... This is so far past the usual "weird" we see posted here that a warning is certainly warranted.

Done.

I forgot: Thank you very much!
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Dr.Rob on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:09 am

Well it is well known that the Chinese call humans "...two legged goat.." and that anything that turns its back to the sun is safe to eat. ;D
Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:20 am

cdobe wrote:I've had a look at the photos from the Seoul Times again. The pictures do not show puppet heads and chicken bodies. Some of the pictures clearly show human foeti. It may still be a hoax - a terrible one, because I think most of the bodies are real. The photo with the cooked baby in the bowl could be fake, but it's at least a very accurate, realistic model of a human foetus not any kind of fowl.

dude, the eyeball is still intact and looks totally like a dolls eyeball in both shots of the "stewed head" it is so blatantly fake it is a testament to the "emperor has no clothes" story from a sociological and behavioural studies standpoint.

or

Baaaaah baaaaaah baaaaah etc.

;D
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:31 am

bailewen wrote:Except then there's the annoying detail about the man in the picture being a performance artist.

There's also, to me anyways, the extreme offensiveness of the blood libel. You know that the babies are basted in the blood of Christian children that we jews used to use to bake our matzo right?

No. I am not so surprised that people are willing to believe this. Heck, they believed that the health care bill has "death panels" and that it has articles pushing euthanasia for Grandma. I think that people are, on the whole, incredibly stupid especially when they have been brainwashed about and issue for decades.

Did you forget that the story says this thing happened in TAIWAN!!! People in TAIWAN actually do have decent human rights. In TAIWAN they do not harvest the organs of executed criminals and in Taiwan they do not have forced abortions. But most Americans are so provincial they can't tell the difference between Taiwan and the mainland anyways so no, not so surprising. Doesn't mean the prejudice is any less offensive.

+1
Well said, bailewen. Another blood libel.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:52 am

I dunno; maybe I'm naive or biased; but, I think that if Chinese people were using babies for food the most complaints would be coming from China. That's just a hunch. I'm sure there are Chinese cannibals and serial killers. But, after watching one guy stand in front of a tank, I just believe that out of a billion people, there'd be someone to speak out if it were a widespread practice.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby cdobe on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:40 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:
cdobe wrote:I've had a look at the photos from the Seoul Times again. The pictures do not show puppet heads and chicken bodies. Some of the pictures clearly show human foeti. It may still be a hoax - a terrible one, because I think most of the bodies are real. The photo with the cooked baby in the bowl could be fake, but it's at least a very accurate, realistic model of a human foetus not any kind of fowl.

dude, the eyeball is still intact and looks totally like a dolls eyeball in both shots of the "stewed head" it is so blatantly fake it is a testament to the "emperor has no clothes" story from a sociological and behavioural studies standpoint.

or

;D

From a sociological and ethological standpoint you're a far more interesting subject ;). You really know the truth about stuff, when the rest of us is groping in the dark.
I do not know, if this story is true, not true, partially true or whatever and didn't express any opinion. I did however point out, that the bodies in the photos looked very realistic and that I believe, that most of them have real foeti in it. The question would be the context of the photos. I did study some human biology at the university and had some practical training at a gynaecology clinic, so I feel confident enough to make this comment. These were only limited studies and it never was a profession for me, but I'ld like to know where your authority comes from. You're playing with dolls ? ;)
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:10 pm

As others have noted, it's real hard to believe that such blatantly bizarre photos wouldn't spur an international investigation by human rights groups, humane societies and other organizations. If Dmitri could find that online newspaper and pictures, certainly other groups would have no difficulty finding the site either. Wouldn't you expect huge outrage?

Or do they know about it and know it's a hoax?
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:59 pm

cdobe wrote:
Darth Rock&Roll wrote:

or

;D

From a sociological and ethological standpoint you're a far more interesting subject ;). You really know the truth about stuff, when the rest of us is groping in the dark.
I do not know, if this story is true, not true, partially true or whatever and didn't express any opinion. I did however point out, that the bodies in the photos looked very realistic and that I believe, that most of them have real foeti in it. The question would be the context of the photos. I did study some human biology at the university and had some practical training at a gynaecology clinic, so I feel confident enough to make this comment. These were only limited studies and it never was a profession for me, but I'ld like to know where your authority comes from. You're playing with dolls ? ;)

Why would you think that I think I know everything? I don't and am the first to admit it.
With a little examination though, things become self evident and we have our 'aha' moments. It is obvious to me that the story is not true.

You then say:
I did however point out, that the bodies in the photos looked very realistic and that I believe, that most of them have real foeti in it.

so how would you have me discuss that?

Absolutely the question is context within the photos, and as has been indicated and also pointed out, it's more likely that it is fraud. that you have done scholarly studies is fine. It doesn't mean you cannot be shown art that has in fact been turned into something else and be made to thought that what you are looking at is indeed something else merely by applying a new and utterly false context to the imagery.

Anyway, not making fun of you, I was pointing out just how obvious it seemed to me that they were not what they were declared to be.

Especially not in this day and age. :)
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:57 pm

well....as performance art. ...MASSIVE sucsess.

Again, from the Wiki on the artist:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhu_Yu_%28artist%29
the meaning of the work doesn’t lie in the content, but is reached through the public’s reactions, in this era of colorful allusions, people deal with their reactions, extreme and impossible to calmly analyse, as well as with media’s insatiable hunger for sensational information.

He's certainly stirred up some extreme reactions, exposed some cultural prejudices and fed on the publics insatiable hunger for sensational information. ;D

Yet another story about the "Baby Soup" media event:
http://www.metafilter.com/22613/Man-fil ... d-calls-it

All you have to do is google the artists name, Zhu Yu, and you get all sorts of info on the hoax.
Last edited by bailewen on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:03 pm

TBH I prefer 人肉叉燒包.
Ian

Previous

Return to Off the Topic