MediHoney...if you see it grab it. Wicked results.

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

MediHoney...if you see it grab it. Wicked results.

Postby Dr.Rob on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am

Great product i have been using in my clinic for an ampution, crush and several burns. If you see it is worth trying. Worth keeping in the cabinet for emerg.

http://www.medihoney.com/

http://www.dermasciences.com/showpage.php?sid=48&id=1&pid=66&show=p

MEDIHONEY with Active Manuka (Leptospermum) Honey

MEDIHONEY™ Antimicrobial Active Manuka Honey dressings are a new and unique line of dressings. Active Manuka Honey (Leptospermum scoparium) has been shown to have powerful and long-lasting antimicrobial activity - similar to that of ionic silver - but without the associated toxicity of ionic silver. This makes for compelling topical antimicrobial alternatives, as clinicians currently face many questions when using ionic silver dressings - such as when to start and how long to use the dressings.

Additionally, two of the largest randomized, controlled, multi-center trials ever done on wound dressings were done to evaluate whether Active Leptospermum dressings were useful as wound healing dressings in addition to their antimicrobial activity. The encouraging results were presented at the EWMA 2006 in Prague, and then at the EWMA 2007 in Scotland. These results will be published in the Fall of 2007, and show that the Active Leptospermum Honey, when compared to a standard hydrogel, significantly improved the rate of healing and reduction in MRSA, and also effectively assisted in debridement. To date, there are no published large scale randomized controlled trials for the leading topical antimicrobial dressing, including none that suggest any reduction in healing times.

Since the dressings are strong antimicrobials, assist in debridement, and help manage moisture balance, MEDIHONEY™ dressings can be thought of as "all-in-one' dressings for effective wound bed preparation. Additionally, since Active Leptospermum Honey is noted for its ability to be used in all phases of wound healing, placing these dressings as the cornerstones of a wound care formulary can take a great deal of the guess-work out of wound management.

Lastly, since bacteria will preferentially metabolize glucose as opposed to amino acids, the odor often associated with infected or highly colonized wounds (ammonia as a by-product of amino acid metabolism) is quickly and dramatically reduced. Aside from being a pleasing benefit for virtually all wounds, these dressings can offer substantial quality-of-life improvements for those suffering with fungating exogenous tumors (most often wounds associated with late stage breast cancer).

Similar Leptospermum honey-based dressings have been available for the last two years on the UK Drug Tariff. Clinician adoption and results so far have been positive, with the largest wound care conference - WOUNDS UK (Harrogate, November 2006) - placing several topics on the use of honey for wound management into its agenda.

MEDIHONEY™ dressings are available in several formats, including:

•Absorbent alginate pad with Active Manuka (Leptospermum) Honey
•Active Manuka (Leptospermum) Honey dispensed from a tube
•Active Manuka (Leptospermum) Honey in a hydrocolloid-like sheet
•Active Manuka (Leptospermum) Honey in a hydrocolloid-like sheet with an adhesive border and film barrier as a backing
Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Re: MediHoney...if you see it grab it. Wicked results.

Postby cdobe on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:50 am

I'm using Propolis since last year. Whenever I feel, that I might get a cold, I take a few drops and I don't get ill. I've also used it with stunning results against an oropharyngeal inflammation (I had to look that one up :D ). The best thing was that it didn't burn at all. Good stuff...
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby somatai on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:10 pm

check out kangen acid water used successfully in hospitals to treat all sorts of wounds from gang green to psoriasis...amazing
somatai

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:04 pm

honey = good

Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:30 pm

Dr.Rob wrote:Great product ...

absolutley! our hospital has been using this on diabetic foot ulcers with great results. the stuff is pretty amazing.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:00 am

What kinds of a hippie hospital do you work in? ;)
Bär
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:05 pm

Bär wrote:What kinds of a hippie hospital do you work in? ;)

when i look at the rate shit gets done around there, it seems like it's run by a bunch of stoners.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:51 pm

Dang - I'm startings to writes ins Toki Wartooths language.
Bär
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic