Robin Hood Trailer

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Robin Hood Trailer

Postby Felipe Bidó on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:18 am

Why?...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcvsRw-Flys

...I mean...there are so many other good stories that haven't been done 1,000 times.
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Re: Robin Hood Trailer

Postby klonk on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:24 am

Yeah. Robin Hood's been done to death. Let's have something about Wong Fei Hung for a change.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Felipe Bidó on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:31 am

...or Jesus. With a PLOT TWIST!!
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby Felipe Bidó on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:33 am

hmmm..then again..it can be done. Let's use the muslim story...

"Ha HA HA!!!...that man nailed to the cross, IS A DECOY...DECOOOOOYYY!!!"
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby klonk on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:54 am

Working title: The Greatest Story Never Told. It would probably get a following these days.

I dunno, it's hard to beat the coverage this one's got. Look at all the languages it's dubbed into. http://www.jesusfilm.org/film-and-media/watch-the-film (Everyone pick your favorite. Includes Chinese dialects. Kinda wild to hear Jesus speaking Sichuan.)

King Arthur, now, hasn't had a new and original treatment for at least a month. Let's see... In this version, all his worst problems are caused by his family. His sister plots against him, his bastard son wants to kill him and he is none too sure of his wife's affections. He's not even sure he can trust his best friend. Oh, wait. Seems to me I read a version like that... somewhere, once. ;)
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:09 pm

Last edited by Bhassler on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:39 pm

Hey, they're actually doing a movie prequel to Frank Miller's 300. Anything can happen.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Felipe Bidó on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:55 pm

Newsflash..they're planning a prequel to "I AM LEGEND"....

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!!!
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby klonk on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:47 pm

I think I can sum up the prevailing attitude in Hollywood this way: Originality is risky and to be avoided at all costs.

It's why you see so many recycled story lines and why often, when a book is made into a movie, the more original and creative bits are changed to be more like the same old schtick.

I don't know that I've ever said, "The book was not as good as the movie." Regardless, the hacking and chopping continues.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby TrainingDummy on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:52 pm

I also find it disturbing that Crowe is starring in this film.

I mean I like the guy and he owns my local football team, but I still think his best film was Romper Stomper. I can't imagine what the Brits think of his accent for Robin Hood.

TrainingDummy
Great Old One

Postby Chanchu on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:18 pm

yeah why do this again?- its risk avoidence and lack of creativity--

Hollywood is artisticly bankrupt.

60 and 70's were the best time for American films IMO
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:19 am

Chanchu wrote:yeah why do this again?- its risk avoidence and lack of creativity--

Hollywood is artisticly bankrupt.

60 and 70's were the best time for American films IMO

are you kidding? 30's and 40's had awesome films with excellent story telling.

You are correct in the lack of creativity though. That is probably a direct result of the corporate inbreeding though and
the exclusionary environment that is on the nepotism train.

everything becomes retarded when you try to keep it in the family for too long.

fresh blood is required.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:58 am

RE: The Big, Tough Chap in Tights who Skips through the Forests*
Have you lot bothered looking at the trailor? Looks pretty solid to me - darker than any of the recent versions and more swordlplay than archery. Not convinced? Look at the damned cast: Crowe and Blanchett - directed by a certain Ridley Scott.

Coincidentally and by whatever quirk of fate, there is a now a slew of new Robin Hood novels out in the UK depicting him as a violent thief, rogue and outlaw rather than a hero winning freedom for the common man, robbing from the rich and giving to the poor, etc.

As for this...
""Romper Stomper" was Crowe's best work"
FFS! What planet were you on when "Gladiator," "Master and Commander," "Cindarella Man," and "American Gangster" were out?

*No, not Shooter- Hood....Robin Hood.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic