iPod to stereo docking help

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

iPod to stereo docking help

Postby Bär on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:21 am

Hey cats & kids, I'm leaping into the new millennium and getting an iPod touch. What's the best way to hook this thing up to my stereo? I'm not a fan of earbuds/headphones and just don't listen to music that way.

I like the idea of having a remote, so I'd probably want a dock not just a cable. The Apple docking station seems to have awful reviews like "Worst Apple product EVER!" Any 3rd party suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
-Mark
Bär
Great Old One

Re: iPod to stereo docking help

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:19 pm

THere's a few ways you could do it.

check out a couple of these.
It's dependent on teh hookups available and how you may r may not have to adapt them.

many new systems come with a dock for an ipod, but generally speaking, it's likely you will get yourself an rca aux input adapater.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:54 pm

the dock is there so the device can stand up while charging. as darth said, get yourself a cable that has the rca jacks on one end and a 1/8" jack on the other. it'll probably cost all of a few dollars at radio shack. connect the rca's to either the cd or aux input on your receiver. put the ipod on shuffle and ROCK ON!!!
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:53 pm

Yeah thanks, but I was looking for a decent docking station with a remote, not just a cable. Anyone else?
Bär
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic