thankyou

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: advise sought please

Postby cerebus on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:26 pm

Craig wrote:
downwardspiral wrote:i think mentally i was stuck defending my position.
next time i'll let him have it.
or knock him out when he winds down the window. s

there are easier ways to resolve things. like the other say, verbal de- escalation. I go clubbing a fair bit and there's always some hot head trying to start something. being friendly and calm and is the easiest way to avoid a fight, regardless of what they say. I've had guys come up to me for no reason and go "WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU LOOKING AT" getting in my face, I just say "oh hey man, are you having a good night? The girls are pretty hot here arent they" or something along those lines. I've offered drinks before and some of those dudes end up doing an about face and saying they have my back if anything else goes down (not that it will, and i generally dont care either way anyways - the point is they arent trying to fight me). The only street fight I've been was a guy who took a swing (well flying knee) at me without saying anything, and I just avoided him and until the bouncers were able to grab him. Unless someone is already taking swings you can ALWAYS talk your way out...abusing them and getting hot headed yourself is not the way to do that though.

+100
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby downwardspiral on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:34 am

Been down police station all day, accepted a caution for abh. Turns out the guy is a local martial arts expert, abh cause his shins in a bad way. gonna delete these posts soon but really appreciate all the pointers. will reply to the pms soon , feeling knackered. deep bow
downwardspiral
Mingjing

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:28 am

downwardspiral wrote:Been down police station all day, accepted a caution for abh. Turns out the guy is a local martial arts expert, abh cause his shins in a bad way. gonna delete these posts soon but really appreciate all the pointers. will reply to the pms soon , feeling knackered. deep bow

lol oh the irony.

Whats abh?
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:32 am

DeusTrismegistus wrote:Whats abh?

Probably not "Android Bounty Hunter"?

http://www.abbreviations.com/ABH
Dmitri
Great Old One

Re: thankyou

Postby Teazer on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:34 am

That's pretty funny, all things considered.
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic