Crossword Puzzle Making Software

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Crossword Puzzle Making Software

Postby Michael on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:28 pm

For all the teachers, home schoolers, parents, summer camp counselors, and people who want to practice vocabulary, there's a very cool, free, small, and easy to use program for Windows machines called Eclipse Crossword. Manual install download link.

You create word lists with the program, then it randomly generates puzzle grids and prints them to the default Windows printer. If you have PDF creating printer drivers, you can them manipulate the end product that way, or within Eclipse, you can save the puzzles as graphics and put them into your word processor or page layout program of choice.

Enjoy!
Michael

Re: Crossword Puzzle Making Software

Postby cdobe on Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:30 am

Thanks, Michael. There is another piece of software that creates crossword puzzles and various other types of quizzes. I'll see whether I can find it for you. There's also a free electronic flashcards software, but it's in German (http://www.batzelt.de/).
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:43 am

Sounds interesting. Would like to check it out. It is cool how much really good, free software is out there. -cheer-
Michael

Postby cdobe on Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:36 am

Hey Michael,
I found an English version of the program with crosswords, gap-fills, cloze tests, matching, multiple choice and jumbled exercises . You'll also find a Chinese tutorial on the site.
http://hotpot.uvic.ca/

Merry Christmas
Chris
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:04 am

Thanks, Chris! Looks cool.
Michael

Return to Off the Topic