Cop Went Wild With Taser, Diabetic Says

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Postby Michael on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:33 am

A suburban Chicago police officer Tasered a man 11 times while he was having a diabetic seizure, and the 56 seconds of needlessly inflicted electric shock, "inflicted ... while he was lying unresponsive on the floor of his bedroom, permanently scarred [him] and caused him neurological damage that has not abated," the man claims in Chicago Federal Court.

All I have to say is that this is more evidence of a nationwide pattern of hiring idiots and power trippers then training them to be sadistic and disregard the US Constitution.
Michael

Re: Cop Went Wild With Taser, Diabetic Says

Postby meeks on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:02 pm

I think one of the issues with a taser is that there's no 'feedback' to the pig...uh....cop using them. When you hit someone with a stick you can feel how hard you are hitting them and control the amount of force based on the feedback. when you push a button (causing electricity to flow) there's no feedback and you really have no F-ING idea now much damage you're causing to the receiver.

When tasers came into use did cops suddenly de-evolve into complete morons? No - they were always idiots. They're just humans with a personal agenda (cover your ass) just like anyone else. Nor did they just suddenly hire a bunch of morons. Do you know anyone that says "I want to be a cop, because I want to make this world a better place..." *flowery music* .... of course not.

In short, cops have proven they're not capable of using tasers responsibly. I've seen them pulled out because of people refusing to answer questions - something that is your RIGHT to not answer. The list of power abuse goes on. Simply put, just take the tasers away. period.

We had a polish visitor at the Vancouver airport die 3 years ago when cops tasered him repeatedly BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T SPEAK HIS LANGUAGE and he didn't understand their commands. Then they pinned him with a knee on his chest after the 2nd (or 3rd) tasering while he was already on the ground. He died. The cops said he came at them aggressively, they tasered him once and he fell over and died. Then video was released (on the net) from a cell phone where witnesses with cell phone cameras showed the real story of how they kept tasering him while he was on the floor and not following their commands (in a language he didn't speak). Then it was upper brass spinning the evidence to protect the cops - people with personal agendas...
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:08 pm

We had a polish visitor at the Vancouver airport die 3 years ago when cops tasered him repeatedly BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T SPEAK HIS LANGUAGE and he didn't understand their commands. Then they pinned him with a knee on his chest after the 2nd (or 3rd) tasering while he was already on the ground. He died. The cops said he came at them aggressively, they tasered him once and he fell over and died. Then video was released (on the net) from a cell phone where witnesses with cell phone cameras showed the real story of how they kept tasering him while he was on the floor and not following their commands (in a language he didn't speak). Then it was upper brass spinning the evidence to protect the cops - people with personal agendas...

That's fucked up.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:16 pm

here's a link on youtube:
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Michael on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:22 am

Yeah, there was a thread on RSF about the Polish guy in the Vancouver airport when it happened. It was really sad, but you could clearly see their training:
1) surround suspect (which they did with 4 cops)
2) order suspect to ground (which they did in English)
- Polish guy understand they're cops, raises his hands to show his harmless intentions-
3) repeat orders, if suspect does not obey orders, initiate pain compliance
4) pain compliance = taser

They obviously followed their training to the letter. The lack of feedback meeks brought up could also involve the fact the cops are told that tasers are safe. A lot of cops who've used them a while know they're potentially lethal, but some of them may be ignorant of that fact.
Michael

Postby Bill on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:40 pm

There is hope for us in the western US.

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/o ... -55622.pdf

Takes away the immunity that cops had enjoyed while tazering.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:58 am

Bill wrote:There is hope for us in the western US.

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/o ... -55622.pdf

Takes away the immunity that cops had enjoyed while tazering.

Its more complicated than that but it is a clear victory for the reasonable use of those tools.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic