TCM / OMD in Connecticut?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

TCM / OMD in Connecticut?

Postby Alexander on Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:44 am

I'm looking for a TCM practitioner in Connecticut. I've been having some chronic problems with digestion, and figured i'd give it a shot. A nutritionist didn't really tell me anything I didn't know, and I showed some so so improvements that were short-lived.

I don't really know much about TCM or Acupuncture qualifications, which is why I figured I would ask if anyone here has heard of a quality TCM / OMD in connecticut.

I contacted Tom Bisio's office in New York and didn't get a response.

Thanks for any leads.

Preferably in Southwestern connecticut (Darien, Fairfield, New Canaan, stamford) vs. elsewhere, since I live in that area.
Alexander
Huajing

Re: TCM / OMD in Connecticut?

Postby Michael on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:16 am

There's treatment to clear up a current or acute problem, which could be one or a few sessions of therapy, then there's treatment for more chronic or even constitutional (genetically disposed) problems which take more treatments, and then there's the stuff you do every day that either causes or contributes to the underlying problem, which very briefly could be diet or emotions. IMO, the best solution is treatment for the current symptoms that addresses the underlying energetic cause coupled with identification of foods that should be avoided for your particular metabolic type or constitutional weakness. If you eat fresh, clean food and avoid the small number of foods that are particularly bad for you, then diet should not be the cause. However, finding fresh, clean food is not as simple and easy as it should be.

May or may not be specifically relevant to your situation, but there is no way to underestimate the amount of absolute toxins and outright poisons in the majority of American food that has been factory created, processed, genetically modified, simonized, pasteurized, homogenize, martinized, freeze dried, irradiated, etc. Not to mention the water!

Good luck!
Michael

Return to Off the Topic