Standing Gong- best methods

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Standing Gong- best methods

Postby neijia_boxer on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:45 am

I found the greatest method for standing gong training. I've never been one of those people that stands around for 40-minutes to an hour. To me that is a great waste of time that should be better spent on drilling techniques and partner training.

However I have found this to be much more powerful.

go do your normal training routine- an hour or so workout in the style you do. Stretching, Tai Chi, Qi-gong, Hsingyi or Baguazhang, boxing, muay thai.....whatever....

<snip> single guys: your shit out of luck on this method<snip>

......then take your wife or girlfriend to the mall and follow her around to shopping and don't sit down. You will be walking slow and standing for several hours. you may even get a rush of jing while your with her in stores like Victoria Secrets or Fredrick's of Hollywood.. -LOL

your legs and body will be tougher than the guy who just stands for practice.
Last edited by neijia_boxer on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
neijia_boxer

Re: Standing Gong- best methods

Postby GrahamB on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:50 am

Of course, in our style we have a superior standing while shopping method. I can't tell you though - it's secret.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby mrtoes on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:02 am

And if you can follow her handbag shopping for hours showing perfect zen patience and interest, you're basically Buddha.

Matthew.
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby Bär on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:28 am

The fabric store is the ultimate test. Time stands still in those places.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby neijia_boxer on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:30 am

mrtoes wrote:And if you can follow her handbag shopping for hours showing perfect zen patience and interest, you're basically Buddha.

Matthew.

Double enlightenment/Nirvana if your reply correctly to the Zen Koan when she walks out of the dressing room in new clothes- "does this make me look fat?" and you answer "no dear you look lovely"- with total zen patience.
neijia_boxer

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:32 pm

My rule of thumb in those situations has always been...."Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies." :o

Doc ;D
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:28 pm

the true gongfu lies in getting her to tell you that she'd rather go shopping by herself. to which you graciously reply that she most certainly deserves a day at the mall with her gal pals since she's such an awesome wife/gf.
Last edited by qiphlow on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby David Boxen on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:19 pm

I must have the only girlfriend who hates to shop. I shall go recount my blessings immediately.
We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves. - Norbert Wiener
David Boxen
Huajing

Postby Andy_S on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:32 pm

The problem with this method is that while you will certainly increase your qi, yi and shen to levels approaching that of a public performing, demon-possessed Taoist martial arts trance wizard, you will be simultaneously draining another highly important personal stock (ie the one in the bank).

Hmm. Is this a "meme?"
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:57 am

"does this make me look fat?"

no, your ass makes you look fat.

did anyone mention good cardio training...? (run like hell)
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Return to Off the Topic