Sheep gives birth to human faced lamb

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Sheep gives birth to human faced lamb

Postby Craig on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:15 pm

This is kinda gross:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/s ... 5819071357

Sheep gives birth to human-faced lamb

Source: The Daily Telegraph
A SHEEP gave birth to a dead lamb with a human-like face. The calf was born in a village not far from the city of Izmir, Turkey.

Erhan Elibol, a vet, performed Cesarean section on the animal to take the calf out, but was horrified to see that the features of the calf’s snout bore a striking resemblance to a human face.

“I’ve seen mutations with cows and sheep before. I’ve seen a one-eyed calf, a two-headed calf, a five-legged calf. But when I saw this youngster I could not believe my eyes. His mother could not deliver him so I had to help the animal,” the 29-year-old veterinary said.

The lamb’s head had human features on – the eyes, the nose and the mouth – only the ears were those of a sheep.

Veterinaries said that the rare mutation most likely occurred as a result of improper mutation since the fodder for the lamb’s mother was abundant with vitamin A, CNNTurk.com reports.

A goat from Zimbabwe gave birth to a similar youngster in September 2009. The mutant baby born with a human-like head stayed alive for several hours until the frightened village residents killed him.

The governor of the province where the ugly goat was born said that the little goat was the fruit of unnatural relationship between the female goat and a man.

"This incident is very shocking. It is my first time to see such an evil thing. It is really embarrassing," he reportedly said. "The head belongs to a man while the body is that of a goat. This is evident that an adult human being was responsible. Evil powers caused this person to lose self control. We often hear cases of human beings who commit bestiality but this is the first time for such an act to produce a product with human features," he added.

The mutant creature was hairless. Local residents said that even dogs were afraid to approach the bizarre animal.

The locals burnt the body of the little goat, and biologists had no chance to study the rare mutation.
Craig
Great Old One

Re: Sheep gives birth to human faced lamb

Postby edededed on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:19 pm

Arrrrgh! Stupid Zimbabwe villagers! Why did they have to kill it?! Really stupid!
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:03 pm

Australia? I expect this sort of thing from New Zealand, But oz?
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:13 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:Australia? I expect this sort of thing from New Zealand, But oz?

Where are you getting Aus and NZ? The article talks about Turkey & Africa, doesn't it?
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:47 pm

The governor of the province where the ugly goat was born said that the little goat was the fruit of unnatural relationship between the female goat and a man.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:05 pm

"The head belongs to a man while the body is that of a goat. This is evident that an adult human being was responsible. Evil powers caused this person to lose self control. We often hear cases of human beings who commit bestiality but this is the first time for such an act to produce a product with human features," he added.

Umm, weren't we just ...?

Anyway, I've heard of bestiality with sheep, but not goats. And, I'm kind of sure that there would have been reports of this a long, long time ago. It can't be new. Ok, otoh, the goat looks really contented and serene. If it were born in Tibet, I bet it'd be worshiped. jk
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:15 pm

Seems that Africa tends to kill strange births, while India tends to worship them?

So many things are wrong about what happened to the human-faced goat.

"This is evident that an adult human being was responsible." - Oh really? Talk about lack of understanding...
"Evil powers caused this person to lose self control." - Now blame is going to evil powers?
"It is really embarassing." - Because of the evident bestiality, right?
And then they finally kill it because it "frightened" them... Geez... I guess that it symbolized the evil powers of bestiality that caused it to be born to them.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:32 pm

I'd hit it.

I'm a faces guy.
Ian

Postby Steve James on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:32 pm

Well, you remember the movie "The Fly"? Remember what happened to the fly at the end? :) I think that Africa is a continent, and it's impossible to generalize --even among sub-Saharan societies, forget about countries. I agree that it's probably true that these sort of animals and strange births would be killed in many African societies, though. I think that it's more interesting that in the States the tendency would be to put the animal --as is-- on display --or try to fix it, if human. At one time, we did that with humans, and called them "geeks." Echh, I just had the thought that now some idjits will start trying to do this deliberately. Oh well, differn't strokes ...
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:51 pm

Of course, I am only generalizing based on a few news stories - I am sure you would know better than I. True that in the States people would probably try to study it or show it. (I think in China it would be eaten, at least in the South.)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby cdobe on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:33 pm

Sheeple :D
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:37 am

edededed wrote:I think in China it would be eaten, at least in the South.

>:( >:( >:(

What is wrong with me??

Correction - I'd hit it, THEN eat it.
Ian

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:35 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:Australia? I expect this sort of thing from New Zealand, But oz?

LOL!!! ;D

Did anyone read "The Android's Dream" by John Scalzi?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Android%27s_Dream
Last edited by Darthwing Teorist on Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Areios on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:45 pm

wow at least the ram did not asked who is the father...
Areios
Wuji

Postby Bär on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:29 pm

cdobe wrote:Sheeple :D

Best use of that word EVAR! ;D
Bär
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic