60 lb Weighted Vest For Sale

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

60 lb Weighted Vest For Sale

Postby cerebus on Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:02 pm

For anyone in the SF Bay Area who's interested, I have a 60 lb adjustable-weight MIR brand weighted vest (top-quality, HEAVY-duty construction) for sale. Usual cost is around $200, but I'm selling this one for $125. It's in almost new condition. I'm still trying to get together my rent money for January so I hafta sell lotsa stuff that I'd rather not sell. I have photos of the vest, but not sure how to post them here...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Re: 60 lb Weighted Vest For Sale

Postby tastydurian on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Dude, I'll buy it....
tastydurian
Anjing

Postby fuga on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:01 pm

Damn you, Dave. Just for that, you have to wear the vest next time we spar with all the weight in it. ;)

-pete
fuga
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:41 am

cerebus wrote:I'm still trying to get together my rent money for January so I hafta sell lotsa stuff that I'd rather not sell.

Troy,

You really got to move to Asia. ;D

If you're going to be poor it might as well be somewhere you can have fun.

While we're over here slaving away for few dollars an hour we can bet that Michael and Omar are having a blast.

Sorry for the rant...Oh if I were single. -devil-

Actually it's probably better than I'm not single. Spending one night in jail was enough for me. :P

G
Last edited by gzregorz on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:01 am

Heck, Omar's married but sure seems to have a good time aside from bathtub installations, and yeah, the fun stuff over here is very fun. Guangzhou is not recommended, but living in China is darned interesting and you will never want for a social life, especially around uni campuses. Biggest downside for Troy living in China would be the motorcycles. It's enough to make you cry. 1960's era UJM 125cc clunkers and nothing else. Okay, the occasional once-a-month 250, but it's as often as not got drum brakes front and rear and leaking fork seals. I think the only reason I go to Hong Kong any longer is just to get a look at a real motorcycle once in a while so I don't forget they're out there. Other than that, the downsides are manageable.

I work 9 months a year, classes are 4 days a week, prep time is whatever I need, but about 30 hours on top of 15 clock hours of class time, but I have almost total freedom in class and my bosses *never* hassle me. Quite the opposite. If students don't complain, which is easy to manage, my bosses just pat me on the head once a semester at the department staff meeting and dinner. Students invite me out frequently, I go hiking next to campus with the co-ed students often, every semester some of the cooler students invite me to go traveling, etc.

And you don't have to be poor when doing this.
Michael

Postby cerebus on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:59 am

Quick off the mark for Dave. If only people would be so good about buying my books! And yeah, China is very tempting, I don't know how good I would be about the more "exotic" food over there though. The biggest stumbling block for me is that I never got a college degree of any sort, just took some Criminal Justice courses with Central Texas College when I was an Army cop. I've heard that one needs at least a Bachelor's degree to teach English over there. :-\
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:01 pm

Although Bachelor's helps, it's not necessary. Lots of people have no Bachelor's, no Associates, no TEFL/TESOL cert., etc. The only real requirement is being a native English speaker. Being "high energy" in class goes a long way. A person could come during the summer and teach a one month English summer camp as a trial. Usually, the school would provide everything: accommodations, food, airfare reimbursement, salary, and curriculum / teaching material. Just show up and be lao wai!
Michael

Postby gzregorz on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Not to mention looks can take you far in China and Troy has got the look.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby cerebus on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Damn, now I'm actually thinking of doing it.... LOL! :D
cerebus
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic