Hawks are God's Gunslingers

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Hawks are God's Gunslingers

Postby Josealb on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:37 pm

Measured up to 180 miles per hour, this baby comes down on a prey like a lightning bolt from zeus.

Eagles prefer a more in your face tactic.

Anyone here has any falconry experience?
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Re: Hawks are God's Gunslingers

Postby Ian on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:22 pm

birds of prey are tremendous.

Ian

Postby kreese on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:42 am

I thought this was going to be a thread about conservatives.
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby Azer on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:20 am

Nice vids!

"All around, dude, try to imagine cold, cause the van is kinda hot, wrap the rat in tacky coat" - Duke Duke
Azer
Wuji

Postby yusuf on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:32 am

that wolf hunting video is amazing.. thanks :)
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby kreese on Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:27 am

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-8-manli ... e-internet

"Well, look at that: It’s the pimped out Chinese Raptor Cavalry. Jesus, I don’t even know where to start. Do I focus on his pelt of foxes? The fur-tipped clitoris on his head? Or the terrifying implications made by the World War I-era Kaiser helmet that his hawk is wearing?

No, instead I want to draw attention to something most of you probably missed: There appears to be a goat’s skull and spine where his penis should be. Appreciate that for a moment, please. He’s wearing the desiccated remains of a goat for a codpiece, and look at his face. He thinks that’s funny.

He’s probably the tribe’s comedian. I’m sure he has even more jokes to tell you; just lean a little closer, so the Raptor-Kaiser can whisper them in your ear."

"What on God’s swollen left testicle is the possible explanation for a man para-gliding with hawks glued to his elbows? Do the birds do his bidding, or do they despise him passionately? Are we witnessing the world’s first eagle-navigated flight, or the first terrifying seconds of a bird-murder? I do not know. I put forth that it is impossible to know. I suggest to you that this image is in fact a Koan: A Zen parable whose very inability to be explained will eventually bring enlightenment.

What, you disagree?

Well listen, hotshot, if you think you have a logical-sounding explanation for this picture, I suggest you either:

A) Look up the word “logic” in a dictionary, because you clearly don’t know what it means. Maybe you’re getting “logic” confused with “hot dogs” or “impotency.” It happens to me sometimes.

Or,

B) Have mercy on us groundfolk, Hawk-Man! Our pitiful senses are limited by the earth we must tread!"
Last edited by kreese on Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:33 pm

Jose:

"Like a thunderbolt from Zeus?" Oh, please. My dear fellow, allow me to place before you the master of us all:

The Eagle

He clasps the crag with crooked hands;
Close to the sun in lonely lands,
Ringed with the azure world, he stands.

The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;
He watches from his mountain walls,
And like a thunderbolt he falls.

- Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:40 pm

Josealb wrote:Eagles prefer a more in your face tactic.

I wonder which MA styles they're using? Anyone? Anyone? 8-)
Michael

Postby chud on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Josealb wrote:Measured up to 180 miles per hour, this baby comes down on a prey like a lightning bolt from zeus.

My dad was sitting in his chair by the front window of the house one day, reading.
All of a sudden he saw a flash out of the corner of his eye and heard a loud thud as something hit the roof above his head.
As he turned to look out the window, he saw something drop from the roof onto the front porch.
He got up and went to the front door, thinking some kids had thrown a basketball at the roof and it had rolled down and landed on the porch, but when he opened the door, there was a hawk holding a pigeon in its talons. When it saw my dad it took off with its prey.
Very cool. :) Makes ya wanna do sparrow hawk form.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:32 pm

How's about eagles?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:56 am

Andy,

Lord Tennyson uses the term thunderbolt as a metaphor. The term is applied to a Peregrine Falcon in a very literal way.

And, eagles arent God's Gunslingers. Hawks are. Nuff said.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:36 pm

Too freaking cool, jose! I posted this a a Native friend's blog. That community was confronted and disturbed by these images of one indigenous people's use of what they considered "sacred" animals. Good. Not every issue like this is homogeneous to every culture and it was good for him to see that. Still didn't see the point though.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:00 pm

Ian

Postby Chanchu on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:46 pm

My boss was jogging on day when a hawk flew down and bashed him in the skull, did not claw him just smacked him in the noggin just for the frack of it evidentaly. Said it felt like someone came up behind him and hit him in the head with a clenched fist and damn near knocked him over...

Those wolf slaying mongol golden Eagles are the coolest! Just the thing for pesky GD noise polluting dogs my GD hillbilly next door neighboors have!! ;D
Last edited by Chanchu on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:56 pm

Raptors will sometimes dive bomb men's heads. I don't know why. You would have to ask them. Small owls have done it to me.

Last edited by klonk on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic