Got Beer?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Got Beer?

Postby northern_mantis on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:06 pm

In the south west of england we like our beer brown, and some like there's made with apples.......
northern_mantis
Huajing

Postby qiphlow on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:07 pm

beer is nice. i'll have one every few months, because i like the taste. the slight buzz is nice, too. i don't really want to get drunk anymore.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:57 pm

The main reason beer was popular in Europe was because it was better than the water. It's not as true now in Europe, but it is in many parts of the world. If anything, what's unhealthy about beer is the alcohol. The carbohydrates may make some people gain weight, but not me. So, the % of alcohol would be more of a concern to me, if I drank enough.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:35 pm

Nepalis make a nasty brewski from millet. Non-pasturized and full of sediment. Good stuff - maybe I'll try to figure out how to make it myself this winter.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby Methods on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:00 pm

For you guys that like sour stuff, try a Rodenbach Gran Cru and just a plain Rodenbach - Literally, if you ever thought about what beer would taste like if it were made like wine - well here ya go.
TAOISTCALENDARS.ORG
Methods
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Rodenbach is one of my absolute favorite beers on earth - alas, I can only drink during my annual European trip. Which, given the price is probably a good thing. Belgian lambics really are tremendous.

Here in Korea, makgeolli (pron: makkoli), a traditional rice brew, is undergoing a renaissance. I visited a makgeolli- specialized pub last week for a TV show and they had some truly excellent brews. If this renaissance continues, it will make up for the shite-awful Korean lagers.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:52 pm

Damn! Dale got ripped in 4 weeks!

It's all true, I'm signing up! ;D

j/k

Dale, your story is true. I think things will change though soon, we are in a paradigm change at this time I believe.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:05 pm

Hops are estrogenic in nature and affect me greatly.
I have not had a drink in over a month and not only feel better. I look better.

Hi Dale,
I think you need to submit your bikini pics (estrogenic) and then post post-estrogenic and WE'LL determine whether you look better or not....try to get some baywatch style shots, please...
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Andy_S on Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:09 am

RE: Dale's de-bellying:

In this life, a man has two choices:
(1) Have six packs
(2) Enjoy six packs

To me, that is no choice.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:25 am

I love a beer, i can quite happily go out with friends and drink until im rosy faced and contemplating karaoke but then i can happily not touch a beer for weeks after. San Miguel is the beer of choice here and be weary of Red Horse if you happen to come across it.
Apparently excessive Cider consumption leads to a loosening of the bowels and an urgent trip to the little boys room haha
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby Dale Dugas on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:37 am

This is me at 1/3/10 at 297

this is me now at 277. losing the gut and proud of it
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby Methods on Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:34 am

Yeh man, I love Beer, cant live without it - literally, I get a paycheck because of beer - lol

Hops does play a major role in health, matter of fact its super good for you but I know what you mean about the weight thing though. I noticed if I drink to much I will get a puffy face, but the beers i drink are usually super hoppy dry hopped or wet hopped IPA's. Matter of fact I always have a nice Ballast Point IPA in the kegerator at all times for the everyday refresher.
Im glad someone here has had a Rodenbach, Ive had some lambic's in my time but Rodenbach is a special beer. Another great Belgium is a beer called "Steen Bruge" literally the patron saint of beers very own brewery.

Disturbing Dale, just plain Disturbing... :o
Last edited by Methods on Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
TAOISTCALENDARS.ORG
Methods
Wuji

Postby Dale Dugas on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:30 am

hops being highly estrogenic are NOT good for men.

Sorry brother but anything that is highly estrogenic is going to harm you in the long run.

Hence my weight loss, my testosterone levels all increased after ceasing the ingestion of beer and other alcohols.

a little red wine is good for the reservetrol, and the mild effects of blood thinning it can give you. Beer is just a hormonic disaster waiting to happen to most men.
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby Dale Dugas on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:32 am

Andy_S wrote:RE: Dale's de-bellying:

In this life, a man has two choices:
(1) Have six packs
(2) Enjoy six packs

To me, that is no choice.

Not that I want six packs. I want to be healthy and have the hormone levels that come with not ingesting estrogenic substances that will lead to a hormonal crash and cause disease in the long run.

Prostate issues for one thing.

No thanks, Ill keep my hormone levels and have greater health into my old age.
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby Methods on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:57 am

I agree and dont agree. Ive noticed the most health conscious people whom worry about what they eat are the most unhealthy people I have ever met, stressing over when and what to eat cannot be healthy as well the key to life as my 90 year old grandmother that ate fried food , drank a morning cup of whiskey and chawed said - the key to a long healthy life is lifestyle and happiness not diet - hand in hand I guess, I think moderation is the key to long life and health - but to each his own and this IS a beer thread not a Hormone level thread.
Drink beer - the nectar of the gods.
TAOISTCALENDARS.ORG
Methods
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic