Chinese New Year

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Chinese New Year

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:29 am

Methods wrote:Tomorrow is the day to invite the famous Lords Fu Lu Shou, which are very ancient Star Gods...We invite them to bless our house and lives with Fortune, Prosperity & Longevity

Most of all, very warm wishes and Blessing - Happy New Year:

Fook Look Sau or Fu Lu Shou

Another way of identifying the Three Star Deities: Fook, Look, Sau (Cant.) or Fu, Lu, Shou (Mand.) for an easier understanding of what they represent is:

Long Life/Health: Ancient Sage (Sau/Shou) with enlarged, bald head, holding the staff of life with peach of immortality, sometimes accompanied by wild deer)
Influence/Rank: (Look/Lu) Red coat and black winged hat of old government official style, sometimes accompanied by red bats), and
Prosperity/Happiness: (Fook/Fu) Blue coat accompanied by children/family, and sometimes with birds).

From ancient times in Old China, these three represented the top agenda priorities of what most people wanted in life.
Long Life: Lasting good health and the optimum opportunity for spiritual self-cultivation,
Influence: Rank or standing within one's chosen field of work or personal career path, and
Prosperity: Happiness of sufficient wealth to adequately support self, and perhaps a wife and family.

Sounds good to me! 8-)
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby AllanF on Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:49 pm

Happy New Year everyone....i am now going to crawl back into back as i have a hangover from hell!!!! :'(
AllanF

Postby cdobe on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:27 am

Happy New Year.
cdobe
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic