Don't 'F with Gramps

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Don't 'F with Gramps

Postby gosao on Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:23 pm

bwahaha at the 2nd clip.... I'M 67 YRS OLD AND I'M NOT GETTING KILLED... :::runs off to take his meds:::

Someone needs to make a remix video combining this one and the asian lady muni fight.
gosao
Huajing

Postby Chanchu on Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:48 pm

looked like the old dude had been in alot of fights, he tried to withdraw and get away from the other guy, and get in a good position. Old dude has alot of reach and size on the young guy, after he knocked him out could have EZ done the young guy alot more harm if he wanted to. Old dude seemed like a X or retired military guy to me- maybe navy. Has issues, other wise he would have disapeared

That young cat is lucky he learned a hard lesson don't fuck with hard looking old dudes, if their was no one around may have been alot worse for him.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby AllanF on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:19 pm

Watched a related clip and the guy on that said the old guy has a marine tattoo on his arm. Probably not a good idea to mess with an old marine.

[EDIT: was the old guy being racist at the start?]
Last edited by AllanF on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AllanF

Postby gzregorz on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:47 pm

The funny thing is that they showed this on the local news claiming that "people were worried about violence on buses" and then played this clip.

I was thinking yeah right local news, you just want to showa fight on TV.

But who can blame them?

Reminds me of Grand Torino.
Last edited by gzregorz on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:56 pm

the old guy has a marine tattoo on his arm. Probably not a good idea to mess with an old marine.

That and he's kind of built like a tank, even if he is 67.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Chanchu on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:00 am

Marines are actually sailors, just ask them... ;D

Actually that kid should have said that..

"JC old man how long were you in the frackin navy anyway"!!

Maybe thats what started it..
Last edited by Chanchu on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby mrtoes on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:47 am

The second clip shows white guy as being rather unhinged and raging about in the street (apparently he was off his meds). It's a bit more complex than it seems because beard man did start the whole thing by asking the black guy for a shoe shine.

Follow on article from this:

http://cbs13.com/watercooler/fight.caug ... 00830.html

Wild Fight On Transit Bus Caught On Tape
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS) ―

The fight happened just before 3 p.m. Monday on Oakland's NL Bus line. The shoeshine statement started an argument that went back and forth for several minutes.

An Oakland college student who shot video of a wild fight on an AC Transit bus said the altercation started because of a remark about shoe shining.

"The white guy was asking the black guy for a shoeshine," said Iyanna Washington who shot the video with a small camera. "And I guess the black guy took it as a racist comment, like, 'Why's a black guy have to spit shine your shoes?'"

The fight happened just before 3 p.m. Monday on Oakland's NL Bus line. The shoeshine statement started an argument that went back and forth for several minutes.

On the video that Washington recorded, the bearded man eventually walked away up to the front of the bus. But the men continued to trade insults. The younger guy threw the first punch.

"I guess he hit him across the face once," Washington said. "And then the white guy stands up and lets loose."

The unidentified older man, who represented himself as 67 years old, punched the younger man several times.

The younger man's nose was broken, said AC Transit spokesman Clarence Johnson.

The older man exited the bus, but then returned within a few minutes, Washington said. Washington picked up her cell phone this time to record video as the man started screaming and kicking a newspaper stand.

Washington said the bearded man eventually surrendered.

"When the police get there maybe 10 minutes later he turns around and was like, 'All right, let's go' and held out his arms," Washington said.

The AC transit video is one of several incidents caught on camera on public transportation recently, including video of a fight between two women on San Francisco's Muni system.

In this latest fight, Johnson of AC Transit told CBS station KPIX-TV in San Francisco both men were taken to the hospital. He said the bearded man was off his meds and is now back on them.

"We hate for this sort of thing to happen," Johnson said. "Our buses transport 236,000 passengers on a daily basis and these types of things are not commonplace," he added.

In one of the YouTube clips, Washington is seen grabbing the bag belonging to the bearded man and walking it to the back of the bus while somebody exclaims, "go through that."

Washington told KPIX-TV she held the bag up to the camera, but did not steal it.

"Why would I steal the guy's bag?" she asked. "I picked the bag up, I placed it on the seat and that was the end of that. When I got off the bus the bag was still on the bus."

Washington admits she cheered on the younger man during the fight, as did several other people around her. She said ever since she posted the clip on YouTube, she has received emails and comments on her YouTube account; some of which used the n-word.

One web site even claimed to post her personal information, including an address that is not hers.

"A 'hate criminal' they are calling me," Washington said. "It feels terrible. It's not a good feeling at all. It sucks."

Matthew.
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby Josealb on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:56 am

Regarding the shoe shine comment....the old man appears saying in a surprised tone.."you're the one who offered!"

So maybe he just pulled the rope the young man gave him in the first place.
Last edited by Josealb on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:09 am

From what I understand, on the Oakland buses, when someone has there feet out in the row and they are in your way you say , "What, you want me to shine your shoes?!?" apparently this is a common saying among a certain type. So the black dude said this to Epic Beard Man, who misunderstood, and thought the black guy was actually asking about a shoe shine and didn't see the 'street' meaning of the comment.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:11 am

Bill wrote:From what I understand, on the Oakland buses, when someone has there feet out in the row and they are in your way you say , "What, you want me to shine your shoes?!?"

Is that for real?! That's unbelievably rude. Wow. :-X (unless of course you're being sarcastic... (?))
Last edited by Dmitri on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:15 am

Nope, I'm not being sarcastic. Just passing along what I read.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:40 am

whether Epic Beard Man was rude or not, if you throw the first hit, you can hardly complain if the guy you're trying to hit fights back...
Ian

Postby Bill on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:52 am

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:53 am

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One