TV-is it worth watching

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: TV-is it worth watching

Postby jwalker on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Steve James wrote:Fwiw, I joined Netflix a little back and am very satisfied. I can watch Columbo or Have Gun Will Travel or old episodes of almost any show. It's much cheaper than renting, and it streams right to my tv; so I don't have to store anything.

holy shit bro streaming to your tv even as a torrent or some shit is living the dream, your future is now

effectively this is a tv that let's you choose what you want to watch, which is something i've wanted for a long time, i'm jealous

on that note i haven't watched tv in years, i often found it insulting
Last edited by jwalker on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is statisticly possible to attack someone with your machete." - John Wang
jwalker
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:24 pm

holy shit bro streaming to your tv even as a torrent or some shit is living the dream, your future is now

effectively this is a tv that let's you choose what you want to watch, which is something i've wanted for a long time, i'm jealous

on that note i haven't watched tv in years, i often found it insulting

Yeah, that's why I love the streaming. Come to think of it, I don't watch any shows on live tv except sports and news. Last night I was watching the Avengers. Tonight it'll be Dr Who, probably, or another Have Gun Will Travel.

Edit, I'm going with Hitchcock's "The Thirty-Nine Steps" ;)
Last edited by Steve James on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:27 am

I usually get my series on DVDs and watch them at my leisure.

Series I own:
Battlestar Gallactica (the new one)
Lost
Supernatural
Futurama
Rome
Firefly
The Magnificent Seven (the series: it came with my Magnificent Seven bundle. And yes, I prefer the Seven Samurai - just to avoid a useless discussion).

I am looking to get Band of Brothers also.

I also like Stargate: Atlantis, very entertaining. SG-1is OK but it was too long IMO.
Last edited by Darthwing Teorist on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Henry on Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:39 am

i watch family guy, american dad and the cleavland show. seth mcfarlane is a friggin genius.
i watch only fools and horses and a lot of old bbc comedies and bbc series.
and yes the bbc version of life on mars is streets ahead of the US version which when watchign it felt like a blaxploitation movie. ps Ashes to Ashes the sequel series to life on mars is great also
Henry
Anjing

Postby KEND on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:00 am

Yeah I forgot to mention 'Big Bang'-the skinny guy is really funny, and also catching up on Dr Who.There was a series with a Scots detective that I saw when I was in England a few years ago[Taggart?] but most of the cuurent stuff in Brit TV is abysmal[although I understand that MI5 or Spooks is back for another year]
KEND
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Just discovered a show thats been around for a while-Breaking Bad-it is one of the more interesting shows of the season
Incidentally South Park had a classic the other night on Sexual Addiction which was really funny
KEND
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:18 pm

TV?

I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby everything on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:50 pm

If you have kids, Modern Family. @!$ hilarious.

If you're, er, middle aged, CougarTown. also !@$# hilarious.

If you've even been near a college, Community. !@$# hilarious as well.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby KEND on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:31 pm

Sharpe's Peril[with Sean Bean of Sharpes Rifles] arrived on PBS this week, got some poor reviews in England but his status as an antihero is unmatched.
KEND
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Life , on the discovery channel has been pretty good with great, high def animal footage.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:50 am

New Futurama coming soon.

New season of Deadliest Catch too.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:10 am

Bär wrote:New Futurama coming soon.

I only have a rabbit-ear antenna. No cable for us, to avoid watching too much TV. So we usually get our shows on DVD or free TV channels. I'll probably buy the new Futurama if it is still as good.

Did anyone see the Futurama movies? I am thinking about getting them, but I want to make sure that they are worth the cash.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:51 am

Beast with a Billion Backs is good, the rest are uneven, but worth renting if you're a fan.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:11 am

I only have a rabbit-ear antenna. No cable for us, to avoid watching too much TV. So we usually get our shows on DVD or free TV channels. I'll probably buy the new Futurama if it is still as good.

Join netflix and connect your pc/mac to you television.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:41 am

Thanks Bar, I will get that one.

Steve, I am thinking about that. But I have to get an LCD TV first and fix my computer. Also find the time to hook the TV to the computer, but that won't be a big problem. Still, I like to buy the DVDs I like. However, you are right: some shows I may not watch more than once.
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic