Connery and Bardot

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Connery and Bardot

Postby Michael on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:35 pm

when talking 80's, don't forget parachute pants
Michael

Postby KEND on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:22 pm

I was lucky to have have lived through one of the great periods of history. For me it 1955 to 1975. In England the early 50's were dreadful, an uptight postwar society but around 1955 it started changing, the previously lukewarm music scene started to blossom, helped on by the beginning of R & R, Trad and Modern jazz.The coffee house scene emerged, the movies and theatre threw off the shackles, the class system was challenged, cockney boys and girls became photographers, models, film stars, rock gods and most important the sexual revolution began. As the 50's ended a tsunami of music arrived, anybody who knew 3 chords on a guitar became a rock star, the skiffle bands mutated . By the mid 60's the axis shifted, by the time I had arrived in NY in 67 it was the place to be, but here it was intellectual, political, artistic. The next Fellini or Godard was the most important item on our agenda.The Village Voice became the bible, Sarris, Hersh the leaders of the culture wars, it was political, the Vietnam war became the focus of much of that energy, the love generation emerged only to sink in a sea of drugs, by 1971 East village the Mecca of the hippies became a wasteland, heroin supplanted speed, which later would in turn be replaced by crack. Various bars became the the watering holes, the Lions Head, and other village hangouts for the intellectuals, Maxwells and the upper east side scene for the swingers. By the mid 70's this scene had died, the starving artists became superstars, the fringe moviemakers darlings of the intelligentsia wealth was equated with success, by the 80's Mammon took over, the new stars were on Wall St, Generation X was into money and lots of it.
KEND
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:06 pm

I was lucky to have have lived through one of the great periods of history. For me it 1955 to 1975.

+1 Even the mundane was significant during those times. And, in the middle (1964), almost every significant musically influential person was alive and playing. But, my all time most memorable concert was seeing Stevie Wonder at the Bitter End. I think it was '72. He had just started using the Orange synth(esizer). Ah well, there was also the Dom; the first "disco" --cause there was no live band; you had to feed the jukebox to hear the discs. It took lots of quarters, and there was a lot of repetitions. ... "I'm your captain, yeh yeh yeh yeh"
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Chanchu on Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:28 pm

60's really great time to be young, the music amazing, amazing.. real strange zeit giest permeates the whole era..
can't see it being equaled the popular 'music' of today with rare exceptions is ashes compared to 60's early 70's. very little can compare to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqzZUJN-jfI

Or others of his era...

Bardot had more sex in her smile than, well any ten new actresses of today IMO
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:32 pm

is that a shadow of a t-boy erection above the knuckle...?

zippers....let's not forget all the f-ing zippers on every article of clothing, including socks...

although I miss those jeans the girls would wear that had a zipper from the front all the way to the back belt line...

I remember thinking my cousin was a f-ing homo (not in the "I love men" context) because he had 3 rat tails at the back of his hair and would bleach them....what a 'bitch' I thought he was. add to that his 'echo and the bunnymen' tshirt and pink golf shirts (while I wore baseball Tshirts with iron maiden/judas priest on them). At least having long hair into the 90s when it was completely out of style meant I didn't have a peacock ass hairdo through the 80s...
Last edited by meeks on Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Kevin_Wallbridge on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:40 pm

Back to the posts about weed... I live in Nelson BC.

Look it up
拳中龙象本能之学
Kevin_Wallbridge
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:28 pm

s'right homie....when is Uncle Kevin coming to see my daughter Adriana? Her 2nd bday is coming...bring weed...(for daddy)
meeks
Administrator

Postby MUTANTRENAISSANCE on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:55 am

Kevin_Wallbridge wrote:Back to the posts about weed... I live in Nelson BC.

Look it up

oh yeah smoked some nelson hydro i got through a care package last year..... very sticky very goooooood
8 mother palms burn that ass like napalm
MUTANTRENAISSANCE
Mingjing

Postby meeks on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:33 pm

uhh... does that mean you don't believe he lives in Nelson...?
meeks
Administrator

Postby Michael on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:20 pm

I seem to remember a veiled reference to him partaking, but I could be suffering from implanted memories. It's a common ailment.
Michael

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:56 pm

He's a comedian for gods sake.

If he didn't smoke weed, he would suck!
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic