More Road Rage Murders

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

More Road Rage Murders

Postby CaliG on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:06 am

Father, two sons victims of road rage killing in SF

ASSOCIATED PRESS

8:52 p.m. June 24, 2008

SAN FRANCISCO – San Francisco police are searching for as many as three men who were riding in a car involved in a road rage shooting that killed a father and two of his sons. Police say Tony Bologna was driving home with two sons Sunday when he was forced to stop in an intersection, blocking the path of another car. Bologna backed up his car to allow the other driver through. But someone from that car shot at Bologna's vehicle, killing him and his 20-year-old son Michael. Tony Bologna's youngest son, 16-year-old Matthew, was in critical condition in a hospital after being shot several times, but was taken off of life support Tuesday evening and pronounced dead. Police Tuesday released a sketch of the alleged gunman and are still searching for the gray-green or gray-blue Chrysler 300M.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/stat ... lling.html
Last edited by CaliG on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaliG

Re: More Road Rage Killings

Postby MikeC on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:16 am

Ban all guns! No one should have access to guns at all therefore everyone will be nice to each other and we'll all be safe and sing LaLa together...

Oh wait, we tried that already...;/
MikeC

Re: More Road Rage Murders

Postby Dmitri on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:25 am

Might have not been "road rage"... Could have been mafia business for example; apparently not much info is available.
I would call this "alleged road rage", at best.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:14 pm

MikeC wrote:Ban all guns! No one should have access to guns at all therefore everyone will be nice to each other and we'll all be safe and sing LaLa together...

Well these things don't happen in Europe.
CaliG

Postby CaliG on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:56 pm

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- It's a major break in a vicious crime. Wednesday evening, San Francisco Police arrested a 21-year-old man from El Sobrante and charged him with killing a family of three, over a minor traffic incident.

San Francisco Police got tips from the public, lots of them, but the key lead was when investigators got information from someone they arrested for an unrelated crime. As a result of that information, officers obtained a search warrant and arrested Edwin Ramos at his El Sobrante home.

They would not provide a photo of him, but investigators say he looks like the composite sketch which police released when they were looking for the suspect. Investigators say Ramos is a known gang member.
Story continues below
Advertisement

Wednesday's arrest comes three days after police say he gunned down Tony Bologna and his two sons Michael and Matthew after a minor traffic dispute.

It happened on Congdon and Maynard streets in San Francisco's Excelsior District. Friends and neighbors continue to visit the scene to drop notes and flowers, and many heard the news of the arrest.

"I think it's horrible and I hope it is the person they caught today and whatever he gets he deserves it. He could rot in hell for all I care because these were really good people and they didn't deserve this," said Laura Walker, a family friend.

"This arrest was made possible because the community came forward and the officers of the SFPD worked hard to tie all of this information together and then pursue a search warrant and then identify a suspect," said Chief Heather Fong, from the San Francisco Police Department.

Police impounded the car they believe Ramos was driving when he committed the murders. It's similar to this photo of a Chrysler 300 series. Investigators found the car at Ramos's home.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sectio ... id=6225515
CaliG

Postby CaliG on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:09 pm

Dmitri wrote:Might have not been "road rage"... Could have been mafia business for example; apparently not much info is available.
I would call this "alleged road rage", at best.

Just got an update.

It wasn't the mafia it was MS-13.
CaliG

Postby edededed on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:18 am

If one is not going to limit guns, at the least, they should make bulletproof glass and vests cheaper and available to everyone...
edededed
Great Old One

Postby juz on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:10 am

In the (sort of) words of Chris Rock

" you don't need Gun Control....you don't need to control the guns....
just control the motherf*cking bullets that's all.....$5000 a bullet and there ain't gonna be no more random killings....
no wait man, you crossed me...you better watch it, man...I'm gonna get another job and save up man...gimme a few months...you got it coming! "
Last edited by juz on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
What I really need right now is a montage....
juz
Anjing

Postby Ian on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:24 am

MikeC wrote:Ban all guns! No one should have access to guns at all therefore everyone will be nice to each other and we'll all be safe and sing LaLa together...

I agree with Mike 100%.

If the father and his two sons had guns of their OWN, they could've returned fire after getting shot and would STILL BE ALIVE TODAY.

It's this complete SCARCITY of guns available to the American public that means people like Mr. Bologna and his sons were unable to buy their guns IN TIME.

Guns for people. Guns for America.
Ian

Postby edededed on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:39 am

In this case, a tank would have been much more useful...
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:10 am

Ed, criminals will ALWAYS have guns, prohibited or not. Think about it.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:33 am

Well these things don't happen in Europe.

don't really get that in canada either. and MikeC - while I consider the majority of your posts trolling at best, I need to ask - when exactly did the US try that already?
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby MikeC on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:57 am

Isn't there currently a handgun ban in San Fran??

But being Canadian and being that your head is up your ass most of the time, I'd expect that you wouldn't know that, or care much either.

MikeC
MikeC

Postby Kevin_Wallbridge on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:40 am

Mike, it seems you feel the need to defend yourself alot these days and that the defence is getting more strident. Take it easy please and try to not be so personal. Objection to intellectual positions can get tense enough.

Even in off-topic this is getting too much. I could probably have posted this about some other people. Some how your post was the one that seemed to cross the line. What is this forum about anyway? Shit talking and name calling is easy to find on the web, respectful differences is rare. Sometimes we have it. The main forum has been pretty solid lately (dare I say since the "split"). How long before the nastiness happening here colours the whole place?

ITS NOT PERSONAL MIKE!
拳中龙象本能之学
Kevin_Wallbridge
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:06 am

Ian wrote:

I agree with Mike 100%.

If the father and his two sons had guns of their OWN, they could've returned fire after getting shot and would STILL BE ALIVE TODAY.

It's this complete SCARCITY of guns available to the American public that means people like Mr. Bologna and his sons were unable to buy their guns IN TIME.

Guns for people. Guns for America.

How's that possible?

They were coming back from a family BBQ going up against paramilitary style gangsters who cut off the heads of their victims.

I'm sure if you were driving along with your gun on the dashboard and you went up against similar elements they shoot you down before you could even reach for your gun.

That argument is complete rubbish. It's not like killers make an appointment with you.

Just ask the boys in Iraq if they are out of danger by having their rifles strapped to their chests. Because MS is just as dangerous as anything else we've seen our soldiers go up against. Remember those stories of soldiers killings off whole villages in Central America? Those guys formed MS. That family didn't have a chance.

Last edited by CaliG on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CaliG

Next

Return to Off the Topic