Weird Computer Problem...

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Weird Computer Problem...

Postby klonk on Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:06 am

Might be a corrupted driver. If so, the fix is to reinstall it. synaptics touchpad driver - Google Search http://bit.ly/adNStR

I have added a regular mousey mouse to my laptop and find it easier to use than the touchpad.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:14 pm

Thanks Klonk. It's kinda looking like that might be what I'll need to do, though I don't seem to be having the same problem so far today. Let's hope it was just a temporary glitch.
Thet thar durned TECK-nology stuff, I just don't git it! Now when I was a kid, we had the abacus, no batteries, no INTER-webs-whatever, jest good ol' countin'.... -oldman- ;D
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby gosao on Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:27 pm

Yeah uninstall the software for the touchpad and reinstall. If all else fails beat on the laptop with your fist. It worked for me once for a stuck key.. lol ymmv.
gosao
Huajing

Postby cerebus on Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:38 pm

gosao wrote: If all else fails beat on the laptop with your fist.

That's pretty much my level of tech-savvy... ;D
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Craig on Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:58 pm

most of the new track pads have click touch. this means that you can still click on things by just tapping the touch pad instead of the mouse buttons. if you tap once then quickly tap again and hold your finger down it will begin highlighting. tap again to stop highlighting. if you keep aware of this it might help you stopping from accidentally clicking stuff. i know it happens to me all the time
Craig
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic