The fall of the house of scientology

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The fall of the house of scientology

Postby cdobe on Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:00 pm

GrahamB wrote:
cdobe wrote:
GrahamB wrote:You guys are being very oppressive. Don't you know that Scientologists are the only people that can really help anybody?

You would have to say suppressive! :P

Cdobe - you are a Potential Trouble Source! (PTS)

And you're Fair Game for me ... ;D
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby MUTANTRENAISSANCE on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:31 pm

yo lets go burn them bitches to tha ground fuck scientology go check out www.xenu.tv they know whats up
8 mother palms burn that ass like napalm
MUTANTRENAISSANCE
Mingjing

Postby Buddy on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:20 pm

Perhaps had LRH been a carpenter or disillusioned prince or caravan follower... 8-)
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:25 pm

IIRC, he was into magic and the Golden Dawn's West Coast hq. I'm sure cerebus knows.
Michael

Postby cerebus on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:58 pm

Michael wrote:IIRC, he was into magic and the Golden Dawn's West Coast hq. I'm sure cerebus knows.

Actually it was the Ordo Templi Orientis as headed by Aleister Crowley. One of Crowley's top disciples, John Whiteside (Jack) Parsons was a rocket scientist and one of the founders of JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratories). Parsons was also a science fiction fan and met Hubbard at a meeting of early sci-fi writers. At one point they worked together on what was known as the "Babalon Working", a sex-magick ritual in the California desert. Hubbard eventually seduced Parson's wife and took off with her in Parson's yacht. Parsons called the Coastguard about his stolen yacht, then performed an occult ritual with the intention of getting the yacht back. A storm rose up and nearly wrecked the yacht, returning it to the harbor with Hubbard & Parson's wife. Parson's didn't press charges, but felt pretty foolish about letting himself be scammed like that.
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:50 pm

I always get the OTO and Golden Dawn mixed up. Cool story, but you forgot the part about finding Parson's secret sea storm ritual inside the binding of one of your books, and then trying it out when you were visiting New England in 1991.
Last edited by Michael on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby cerebus on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Michael wrote:I always get the OTO and Golden Dawn mixed up. Cool story.

Oh man, they are two VERY different things. Like say, Tai Chi and Karate...
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:54 pm

edited while you were replying
Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:55 pm

cerebus wrote:
Michael wrote:I always get the OTO and Golden Dawn mixed up. Cool story.

Oh man, they are two VERY different things. Like say, Tai Chi and Karate...

I think it's because they both involve Crowley and are things I'd never want to get mixed up with. Definitely in my DO NOT WANT basket.
Michael

Postby cerebus on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:04 pm

LOL! Never be afraid of knowledge Michael... good, bad or otherwise, it's just... knowledge... ;)
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:26 pm

Excuse me for suddenly getting serious, but I think it's foolish to fall back on a cliché in the face of real danger that is the likely outcome of certain activities. IMO, some knowledge is inherently risky because of power it may grant that I (and most people) can not handle, and some knowledge is inherently predisposed toward evil purposes, for example subliminal mind control techniques. Perhaps another example: we don't let five year old's drive cars.

Speaking for myself only, but based on the experience of others, knowledge of sacred geometry to contact other-dimensional entities definitely falls into these categories. How many stories of happy endings have started out, "Yeah, I was dabbling in the occult with some friends..." Not to say all occult is bad, just trying to emphasize that a cavalier attitude to the risks usually ends like stories of all the "strong swimmers" who've drowned. The mind activates symbols that it perceives, even without conscious recognition.

BTW, I recently downloaded a copy of Crowley's autobiography and intend to read it. Since I really know nothing about him except what I've heard here and there, I would like to see for myself if his detractors have a basis for labeling him as they do.
Michael

Postby cerebus on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:43 pm

Well, knowledge is one thing, practice is another. When I was a kid, I was reading a book about the Nazis in Germany during lunch at school. Some other kids saw it and immediately jumped to the conclusion that I was "pro-Nazi" just because I was reading about them. Learning about.... anything... is not inherently dangerous. USING knowledge (any knowledge) either a) for evil purposes or b) without knowing what one is doing... well THAT of course leads straight to trouble. But never be afraid to learn ABOUT things. Ignorance is always more dangerous than insight.

And I think you'll like Crowley's auto-bio. He was really a fascinating individual...
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:56 pm

He admitted it! He's a Nazi! ;D
Bär
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:02 pm

Bär wrote:He admitted it! He's a Nazi! ;D

No, definitely, emphatically not.... :P
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:35 am

cdobe wrote:And you're Fair Game for me ... ;D

Nonsense. I am Clear. And any day now I will be an Operating Thetan. I just need to find my cheque book first....
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic